Away3D Tutorials Wiki
Welcome to the Away3D tutorials wiki!
What is the Away3D Tutorials Wiki?
The Away3D Tutorials Wiki is a place where anyone in the Away3D community can produce tutorials.
If you’d like to submit a new tutorial, please follow the instructions in Authoring Tutorials on Away3D.com.
Other Useful Resources
Latest Tutorials by Level
Below is a list of the latest community tutorials for the Away3D engine.
- Using A Skybox - A tutorial introducing how to implement the Skybox class and how it works in Away3D 4.x.
- Setting Up Your Scene - This tutorial will give you an introduction to view and scene setup in Away3D 4.x.
- Introduction to Particles - An introduction to particle systems in Away3D 4.x.
- Introduction to Materials - This tutorial will reveal some of the basic principles of materials and shading in Away3D 4.x.
- Interactivity and Tweening - A tutorial demonstrating mouse click interaction and object tweening in Away 3D 4.x.
- Creating 3D games and apps with Away3D 4 and Stage 3D - An introduction to game and app development with Away3D.
- Using sprite sheets in your project - (part 1 Beginner level) An introduction to spritesheet animator.
- Introduction to Mouse Picking - This tutorial presents a detailed look at mouse interactivity in Away3D 4.x.
- Globe Materials Tutorial - This tutorial will guide you step by step in the creation of a realistic Planet Earth scene.
- Away3D and Starling Interoperation - This tutorial details how to use Away3D 4.x to combine 3D (Away3D) and 2D (Starling) content.
- 3DS Max Workflow - This tutorial will show you how you can get animated models from 3DS Max into Away3D.
- Using sprite sheets in your project - (part 2 Intermediate level) An introduction to spritesheet animator.
- Writing Custom Materials 1: Getting Started - This tutorial introduces writing materials from scratch with Away3D 4.x.
- Writing Custom Materials 2: Adding Textures - This tutorial explains how to add textures to your custom materials in Away3D 4.x.
- Writing Custom Materials 3: Simple Lighting - This tutorial explains how to add a light to your custom materials in Away3D 4.x.
Latest Away3D Typescript Tutorials
Below is a list of the community tutorials available for Away3D Typescript
- Away3D TypeScript - Getting Started - A tutorial introducing the Away3D Typescript codebase and walking through teh first steps to setup compilation