New Effect Editor For Away3D 4.1

Software: Away3D 4.x

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 23 August 2013 07:13 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 16 ]

Yeah, wow especially for the fork feature !

I’m yet to test the updates concretely, but on paper it sounds awesome and promising smile

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 09 September 2013 10:45 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 17 ]

Hey,

Regarding the Away3D classes that you provided on your site, how can I find out when a ParticleGroup has finished animating and is ready to be, for instance, removed from the view ?

It can be tricky with looping effects but even if we assume all effects in a ParticleGroup take one second, there doesn’t seem to be a straightforward way to retrieve the total duration of the group.

Thanks smile

Cheng Liao, Administrator
Posted: 10 September 2013 08:34 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 18 ]

@SuperSam
You can add custom events as the pic shows

Then in actionscript side, add event listener like this

particleGroup.animator.addEventListener(ParticleGroupEvent.OCCUR,doSomething);

When the animation goes to that time you added, this event will be dispatched.

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 10 September 2013 01:02 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 19 ]

Nice, that works smile

Thank you !

Now I would ideally like to monitor the evolution of specific properties within the ParticleGroup. Elapsed time and total duration are good examples, but that can be other things as well. If there are too many of these and too many ParticleGroups, events are not a very practical solution since they’re fired by the animator and my ParticleGroups are not aware of which class is managing them.

How would you access to specific, numeric properties within a ParticleGroup without events, from just the group instance ? I tried looking into custom properties but I think they can’t change over time, so that’s not quite what I’m looking for.

Creating numeric animations without graphics doesn’t seem to be possible through the AwayEffect editor, either.

Thanks for any hint smile

zopy in, Newbie
Posted: 12 September 2013 11:45 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 20 ]

nice one

disound, Newbie
Posted: 22 September 2013 06:01 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 21 ]

Recent Updates of EffectHub.com

New UI of website with responsive design which also available on mobile device!
Online HTML5/Flash particle editor make you can edit effects without download!
Fork/Branch/Rollback feature, provides the community collaboration to create awesome effects!
Supporting preview of Away3d, AwayEffect, Sea3D, DragonBones, Unity, STL.. various file formats.

http://www.effecthub.com

zopy in, Newbie
Posted: 26 September 2013 08:35 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 22 ]

good news

asherritt, Newbie
Posted: 29 September 2013 12:57 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 23 ]

Really amazing effects. I’m looking forward to getting involved, but I’m confused about how to make use of the downloaded files. Using Prefab 2, how do you import the .awp file and how do you output it for use in an Away3D actionscript project?

Sorry if this is already explained somewhere, I have just not been able to find the answer.

asherritt, Newbie
Posted: 29 September 2013 03:25 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 24 ]

Ok. I think I understand a little better. I found your page http://www.effecthub.com/download which includes the download of a parser to load .awp files, and template and sample files.

When I try to run the Flash Builder app, I have problems with the away3d.entities.ParticleGroup class. Does not seem to be a class included in Away3d.

Can you please explain which version of Away3D the Effects Editor is designed for, and what version of Away3D should be used for getting the sample to work?

Posted: 30 September 2013 08:46 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 25 ]

@asherritt This tool is compatible with the latest Away3D dev branch:
https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/tree/dev

Posted: 30 September 2013 08:52 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 26 ]

Good news: A tutorial for the editor beginners: http://www.effecthub.com/topic/54

asherritt, Newbie
Posted: 30 September 2013 05:19 PM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 27 ]

Superb! Thank you for all of this. I will definitely like to donate to your development. Is there a link?

Please also include a tutorial on how to import and use the finished effect in an Away3D Actionscript project.

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 07 November 2013 07:44 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 28 ]

(Erased bug report. I’ll post again if I can pinpoint it more precisely)

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 08 November 2013 09:39 AM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 29 ]

(Bumping instead of editing to draw attention)

I was attacked by a nasty bug that I couldn’t pinpoint for the life of me. Hasn’t happened in years ! O_o

Anyway, you can reproduce it easily. All you need is to have a Skybox and a ParticleGroup added to the scene when the view has a filter3D, and you’re done. It hit me suddenly and I couldn’t suspect the bad Skybox/ParticleGroup/Filter3D interaction.

Here’s code to reproduce it. Just take the default LoadAsset class that is provided on effecthub.com, and replace its onComplete method with the following one:

private function onComplete(e:LoaderEvent):void
{
   view
.filters3d [new RadialBlurFilter3D()];
   var 
perlin:BitmapData = new BitmapData(10241024false0xFFFF00);

perlin.perlinNoise(100100312345truefalse7false);
   var 
skybox:SkyBox = new SkyBox(new BitmapCubeTexture(perlinperlinperlinperlinperlinperlin));

groupContainer.addChild(skybox);

You will get the following error:

TypeErrorError #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at away3d.animators::ParticleAnimationSet/deactivate()[away3d\animators\ParticleAnimationSet.as:134]
 at away3d
.materials.passes::MaterialPassBase/deactivate()[away3d\materials\passes\MaterialPassBase.as:428]
 at away3d
.materials.passes::CompiledPass/deactivate()[away3d\materials\passes\CompiledPass.as:696]
 at away3d
.materials.passes::SuperShaderPass/deactivate()[away3d\materials\passes\SuperShaderPass.as:215]
 at away3d
.materials::MaterialBase/deactivate()[away3d\materials\MaterialBase.as:523]
 at away3d
.core.render::DefaultRenderer/draw()[away3d\core\render\DefaultRenderer.as:103]
 at away3d
.core.render::RendererBase/executeRender()[away3d\core\render\RendererBase.as:281]
 at away3d
.core.render::DefaultRenderer/executeRender()[away3d\core\render\DefaultRenderer.as:66]
 at away3d
.core.render::RendererBase/render()[away3d\core\render\RendererBase.as:245]
 at away3d
.containers::View3D/render()[away3d\containers\View3D.as:682]
 at LoadAssets
/onEnterFrame()[LoadAssets.as:162] 

If you comment out either the line that adds the Skybox to the scene, the one that adds the ParticleGroup or the filter3d, the bug doesn’t trigger.

I am using Away3D 4.1.5 and Sparticle 0.9.9.
Edit: Bug occurs even with the Away3D version provided by effecthub.com here (in the “Download Template/Samples” ZIP)

Corollary question: What’s the most straightforward way to make a Filter3D IGNORE the Skybox ? I’m not just asking this to get around the bug, I actually want the filter to not apply on the Skybox smile

Thanks!

Posted: 11 November 2013 04:09 PM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 30 ]

@SuperSam I’ve fixed this bug on dev branch.
If you want the filter to not apply on the Skybox, I think you need to modify Away3D rendering system a bit. There’s no straightforward way to do that, I think.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X