New Effect Editor For Away3D 4.1

Software: Away3D 4.x

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 November 2013 07:38 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 31 ]

Thanks ! Pretty straightforward fix but I wasn’t sure that the null _animationRegisterCache was the real culprit or just a symptom, so I didn’t modify it myself smile

Regarding the Skybox issue, I’m afraid you’re right… Sadly there’s also a bug in Away3D that prevents two View3D using the same Stage3DProxy to blend together if one of them has a Filter3D. (It’s been reported on github for future record)

Otherwise it was a perfect workaround smile

Thanks again ! Away3D and EffectHub+Sparticle are amazingly useful !

Cheng Liao, Administrator
Posted: 25 November 2013 04:06 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 32 ]

another very useful tutorial:
http://www.effecthub.com/topic/92

marbu, Newbie
Posted: 03 January 2014 12:31 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 33 ]

A wonderfull project.
I’m a newbe in particle systems, I read the tutorials in the site, could you tell me some good books or web sites to deeply undestand how to create a good particle system effect?

disound, Newbie
Posted: 16 January 2014 06:05 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 34 ]

The holidays are almost here and that means it’s time to hold a contest to celebrate!
Sparticle is a profession GUI tool, based on one of the most popular 3D engines in Flash, Away 3D. This high-performance and GPU-accelerated tool is ideal for game-effect designers who want to develop complex 3D effects for their games.

This contest is open to worldwide natural persons who, at the time of entry, are legal residents of their countries.

the contest will begin on January 15, 2013 and will end on March 1, 2014. Entries for all prizes must be received by 11:59PM, CST.

1st Prize
A brand new 16GB Wi-Fi iPad Air (or $500 in Amazon Gift Card)

2nd Prize
A brand new 16GB Nexus 5 (or $350 in Amazon Gift Card)

3rd Prize
A brand new Kindle Paperwhite (or $120 in Amazon Gift Card)

Contest Website: http://www.effecthub.com/contest

disound, Newbie
Posted: 25 February 2014 05:08 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 35 ]

The last chance to win a 16GB iPad Air or $500! Enter Sparticle Effect Contest now:) http://www.effecthub.com/contest

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 February 2014 09:50 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 36 ]

There’s been a nice income of great effects because of this contest. That was definitely a good idea ! smile

I have a possible performance suggestion. In this tutorial you said:

When alphaBlending isdisabled in the normal mode, theobject is rendered as an opaque object.
[...]
Although it is not possible to cause the GPU to always render the opaque objects first (rendering order is determined by the index buffer which can be considered to be random), [...]

I stumbled upon this article from a Chromium developer who says:

The primary goal of this prototype is to draw the entire sprite field with one draw call. This might seem impossible, because the sprites require alpha blending, so they must be drawn in a particular order. It is a little known fact (I wasn’t sure of it when starting to write the code) that OpenGL actually guarantees that triangles will be drawn in order, from first to last, when drawArrays and drawElements are called. Apparently GPUs contain quite a bit of silicon (the Render Output unit, or ROP) to provide this guarantee. The only major remaining problem is how to avoid the per-sprite texture bind. The basic idea is to send all of the sprite sheets for the entire sprite field to the fragment shader, and have it somehow choose which one to display for any given sprite. [...]

Maybe you can figure something out of this to make EffectHub’s particle effects even faster ?

Edit: Oh crap, you’re using Flash only! drawArrays and drawElements possibly only exist in WebGL ?
By the way, do you intend to make EffectHub and Sparticle support ThreeJS at some point ? smile Just curious

Posted: 27 February 2014 04:39 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 37 ]

Hi SuperSam
So careful of you! It’s a translation error.  The accurate description should be

Although it is not possible to cause the GPU to always render the opaque objects near the view first (rendering order is determined by the index buffer which is predefined and it’s costly to update it before every drawing)

Thanks for correcting this error. I’ve update the original article.

Posted: 27 February 2014 04:50 AM   Total Posts: 116   [ # 38 ]

I don’t have the plan to make Sparticle support ThreeJS at some point. Seems that supporting Away3D-JS is much more straight.

SuperSam, Sr. Member
Posted: 27 February 2014 12:58 PM   Total Posts: 102   [ # 39 ]

Hi SuperSam
So careful of you! It’s a translation error.  The accurate description should be

Ok that’s good to know. Internet, the place where stuff has to go through 3 languages before you can understand anything :D

I don’t have the plan to make Sparticle support ThreeJS at some point. Seems that supporting Away3D-JS is much more straight.

Sure is! I thought you intended to extend support to other engines ever since you renamed awayeffect to effecthub and changed the editor name to Sparticle smile
If such was your intention, then ThreeJS made sense because of its consequently larger user base (although I don’t have numbers to back that up)

Anyway thanks again for creating this repository and tool smile

SirGordon, Newbie
Posted: 13 October 2014 11:22 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 40 ]

Hi!
Sparticle is a great tool!
But is it possible to [Embed] .awp effect into AS3?
I don’t want the effect to be loading over the web, i need it embedded into my AIR project with all dependencies (textures, etc).
If it is possible, is there a tutorial?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X