Maya 2012 MD5 exporter

Software: Away3D 4.x

nader, Newbie
Posted: 15 November 2012 08:00 AM   Total Posts: 3

Enclosed is a MD5mesh and MD5animation exporter.  The community needs one. Maybe someone can add the file somewhere more permanent.  The community can continue to support it.

To run the script add it to your Maya plugin directory and then in your Python script window type

import md5Exporter
md5ExporterGui()

File Attachments
md5Exporter.zip  (File Size: 10KB - Downloads: 1537)

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 15 November 2012 10:10 AM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 1 ]

Can you zip that py file and repost.
Forum doesnt like anything else :(

nader, Newbie
Posted: 15 November 2012 05:57 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

sorry

nader, Newbie
Posted: 15 November 2012 06:06 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

Maybe I can get a little help with the AWD format.  Has anyone got the Maya AWD Exporter to work?  Doing some work to get that working.

With this MD5Exporter now working in maya. We can go from Maya to MD5 to Prefab 2 to AWD.  It would be nice to not have to work through that chain.

Any help with the AWD exporter would be much appreciated.

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 15 November 2012 07:57 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 4 ]

Never been able to get the current awd version to work. :(

Having to go 2011Maya opencollada > prefab.

Would be nice to know what happening with awd

Koga73, Newbie
Posted: 14 December 2012 12:16 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 5 ]

AWD Exporter for Maya 2013 x64 running Python 2.6.4:
http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/2447/P30/

Now we just need to get the Blender exporter working!

sigi, Newbie
Posted: 19 December 2012 02:47 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 6 ]

I am using maya2012(windows7).
I am trying this script, but It dose not work with this error.

md5ExporterGui()
# error: IndentationError: unexpected indent #

Can you solve this problem?

Sorry my poor English.

sigi, Newbie
Posted: 05 January 2013 11:54 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 7 ]

Hi, Finally I can run this script to use python script editor to copy all sentences, and type “md5ExporterGui()”.
But I can not make MD5mesh model with this error,

# error: No root joint found!#

Can you solve this problem?

Sorry my poor English.

Mac, Newbie
Posted: 17 February 2013 04:33 AM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 8 ]

There used to be some MD5 exporters written as C++ Maya plugins out there, I think from the Quake Rally team; will run faster than MEL, perhaps, but more of a pain. In either case easiest way is probably to do an additional MEL or Python script, go through the selection list and call the export function on each mesh.

Vietnam travel-Mekong river cruise-Dragon’s pearl Halong bay

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 06 May 2013 08:32 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 9 ]

Hi,

I have downloaded the md5exporter.zip from the first post and after a day, triyng to figure out what I have missed because it doesn’t give me the option to export with it in my Maya 2012, I think I need some help with this.

I have only been able to make it work with OBJexporter but it gives me errors when I try to export many meshes or a more complex 3D model to Prefab 2

Could you please help me with AWD2, does it works with Maya 2012? I’ve read somewhere about it but they talked about it with Maya 2013, are there any options with Maya 2012?

I would really appreciate your help, I’m new in Maya, new in Flash Professional and new in Away3D and as. And new in Prefab.

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 07 May 2013 08:02 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 10 ]

Hi,

I have downloaded the md5exporter.zip from the first post and after a day, triyng to figure out what I have missed because it doesn’t give me the option to export with it in my Maya 2012, I think I need some help with this.

I have only been able to make it work with OBJexporter but it gives me errors when I try to export many meshes or a more complex 3D model to Prefab 2

Could you please help me with AWD2, does it works with Maya 2012? I’ve read somewhere about it but they talked about it with Maya 2013, are there any options with Maya 2012?

I would really appreciate your help, I’m new in Maya, new in Flash Professional and new in Away3D and as. And new in Prefab.

sirpedroec, Newbie
Posted: 07 December 2013 09:12 PM   Total Posts: 26   [ # 11 ]

Does anyone know which directories to install the following files for Mac OSX?

bin
lib
Python
scripts

Thank you

-Peter

arthos, Newbie
Posted: 12 March 2014 10:58 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 12 ]
nader - 15 November 2012 08:00 AM

Enclosed is a MD5mesh and MD5animation exporter.  The community needs one. Maybe someone can add the file somewhere more permanent.  The community can continue to support it.

To run the script add it to your Maya plugin directory and then in your Python script window type

import md5Exporter
md5ExporterGui()

Hey nader,
Is this plugin made for a specific version of Maya? I’m running 2012 and getting an error when I run the python command:
import md5Exporter
md5ExporterGui()

The error is “# Error: ImportError: No module named md5Exporter #”
I have the plug-in loaded to my plug-ins folder “Maya2012\bin\plug-ins”

If anyone has any ideas I’d appreciate it.

Thanks!

inva, Newbie
Posted: 20 March 2014 12:38 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 13 ]

I have had the same problem - reinstallation helped me to fix it.

edit:I reinstalled both of it

Great branded drinks and soft drink development

arthos, Newbie
Posted: 20 March 2014 04:24 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 14 ]
inva - 20 March 2014 12:38 PM

It looks like I have had the same problem - reinstallation helped me to fix it.

Hey Inva Reinstallation of the plugin or maya? Can you be specific how you fixed it? I’d love to get this working. Thx

Springheel, Newbie
Posted: 20 September 2014 08:36 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 15 ]

I’m trying to get this exporter to work on my copy of Maya 2012, but I don’t really have a clear idea of what I’m doing wrong.

I put the .py file in the plugins folder, opened the script editor and typed in the two lines as directed, but all that happened was the following error:

# Error: ImportError: No module named md5Exporter #

I know others have gotten this, but clear instructions on how to solve it would be greatly appreciated.

edit:  I tried moving the .py file to my scripts folder instead, but then I get the following (different) error:

# Error: NameError: name ‘md5ExporterGui’ is not defined #

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X