very cool

Software: Away3D 4.x

alpoman, Jr. Member
Posted: 10 October 2014 02:18 AM   Total Posts: 40

hello,
i love away3d!

im a newbie but wonder if anyone knows how to control the meshes from an awd file created in awaybuilder.  i mean in the .as file, how do i animate the meshes, seems dumb, but cant find it anywhere. for rxample, if i create a cube geometry in .as file, i can roate it by mesh.rotation++.  but how do refer to those objects in the embeded/ loaded awd file.

also, is there anywhere one can buy of find md5 human meshes with some basic walk, run, jump animations?  i dont have 3dsmax and cant generate them,

thanks in advance!

rdoi, Member
Posted: 13 October 2014 02:38 PM   Total Posts: 86   [ # 1 ]

AwayBuilder doen’t intent to “create” scenes, it is just a middleware tool to normalize and convert 3d models to use in away.

AFAIK, the current version of AB support previewing animation, but has no tools for creating them. If you want to just animate the object positioning/rotation/scale you would need to program it in as3 using any as3 tweening you like. To have geometry animation in your away project, you would need an external 3D applications like max or maya to export it accordingly.

Also take a peek in Fabrice’s Prefab application that are more capable for some tasks than AB.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X