LZMA bug?

Software: Other

Bolt, Newbie
Posted: 29 January 2014 11:18 AM   Total Posts: 17

Hello,

I’m testing some things with the Away Builder Live Tool, and when I save a model with LZMA compression enabled, it doesn’t save out the 4-byte uncompressed size at the beginning of the LZMA buffer.

This is different from the Away3D SDK C++, which does save out the 4-byte uncompressed size. Also, when I use the SDK to write a LZMA compressed file, and try to open it into the Away Builder Live Tool, I get an Error #1000, which locks up my browser.

Is this a bug with the Away Builder Live Tool?

Or has anything changed with the way LZMA files are written since the SDK was released?

Thanks

keithwalmar, Newbie
Posted: 08 April 2019 07:07 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 1 ]

Generally speaking most modern compression algorithms give roughly the same compression, and with regard to the number of cores that you can use at once, it is up to you to decide how many you want to use. However, 7-zip is free and open source. The 7z format supports encryption with the AES algorithm with a 256-bit key.  If the zip file exceeds that size, 7-zip will split it into multiple files automatically, such as integration_serviceLog.zip.001, integration_serviceLog.zip.002, etc. (Way back when, PK Zip used this to span zip files across multiple floppy disks.) You’ll need all the files to be present to unzip them. The 7z format provides the option to encrypt the filenames of a 7z archive.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X