Maya 2013 Animation Workflow

Software: Other

sirpedroec, Newbie
Posted: 07 December 2013 11:31 PM   Total Posts: 26

I was wondering if anyone has a working workflow for sending an Object with Skeleton Animation from Maya2013(OSX) to Away Builder.

So far I haven’t been able to get any of these filetypes working:

MD5: Doesn’t seem to have any up to date exporter plugins for 2013.
OpenCollada: Upon adding a Skeleton Animator and playing an animation I get error #3647
AWD: I’ve downloaded MayaAWDExporter but I’ve yet to get it working. Perhaps I’m putting the files in the wrong directories. For anyone who has got this plugin running I’d love some help on where to put(OSX):

——->bin
——->lib
——->Python
——->scripts

Thank you in advanced for any help.

-Peter

asherritt, Newbie
Posted: 10 February 2014 04:51 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 1 ]

I would like some information on this too, and add Maya 2014 to the request.
I’ve been trying for 3 days now to get various exporters to work, with no luck.

soup, Newbie
Posted: 17 March 2014 05:02 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 2 ]

Honestly, the plugin won’t do you much help. I’d been scratching my heads over the same issue for months, till I came across a post stating that if a model is not loading then the issue is with the model. I decided to recreate my model and sure enough that took care of the problem.

Things I did different during my -“successful”- second time around.

1. Created a clean poly model (kept it low poly)
2. Texture in JPG format (make sure all format being embedded/loaded are supported)
3. When exporting from your 3D program - use Export Selected. Don’t just save the file, that will save the entire scene.

For anyone using Maya, I’d notice a slight problem with the obj exporter. It doesn’t seem to include the obj extension. I had to export using 3Ds Max and I got a working obj.

Hope this helps…

markoos22, Newbie
Posted: 10 September 2014 10:18 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 3 ]

May be too late for you but I’ve only just started working with the AWD exporter in Maya 2013. I’ve managed to get a model with skeletal animation working in Away Builder. This tutorial is very helpful. The important part is creating the sequences.txt file described about halfway down the page in your target directory for the export. Also having each animation sequence on a different line in the text file was the only way I could get multiple animations to work unlike the example where they’re all on the same line.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/away3d-autodesk3dsmax.html

Also this tutorial for putting it together in Away Builder was very helpful too.

https://vimeo.com/76958849

The big question I have is whether you can export baked vertex animation using this plugin for a Vertex Animation Set in Away Builder? I’ve baked it in Maya using Edit>Keys>Bake Simulation but there’s nothing in the animation dropdown in Away Builder as there is in an import with skeletal animation.

When I export a mesh with a skeleton from Maya it plays through the animation but doesn’t seem to with the baked animation. I’ve checked the Include UV Animation option in the exporter dialogue but it seems to make no difference.

Any ideas?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X