Prefab3D update 2.128 available

Software: Prefab3D

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 18 October 2012 02:16 PM   Total Posts: 1265

Hi all,
So what do you get for your money this time?

- an improved obj parser
- obj export with right or left handed choice
- awd2 export with compression
- a smarter ac parser
- a new DXF import and export
the two most obvious tags FaceData and Line are supported
more will be added, CAD fans should be happy with this.
- a vertex animation editor.
you can now directly generate an animation by simply selecting a mesh, and adding frames. you can “fill” this frames by duplicating existing ones or load external content where each step of animation is saved (wacht out here: must have same vertice order and count as master)
You can select any vertex animator on screen to reedit it.
The animations can be exported either as as3 or md2.

You can see it in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrElcKGGz94&feature=plcp

The nice thing that comes free with this feature, is that most selection functionality required for mesh manipulation at vertex (and face level to) is now working. Opening of course lots of new possibilties…

- atlas generator on merge has been enhanced
- hierarchy panel has been updated (in case you’ve missed it, you can now drag meshes in and out containers).
- some new routines added to check yoru geom (more will follow)

and of course fixes here and there as usual

macaan, Newbie
Posted: 28 October 2012 12:20 AM   Total Posts: 30   [ # 1 ]

Hi, the vertex animator is a nice thing to play with. thanks for that. is it possible to rotate the view in there when running prefab on windows? in your youtube video running on mac it looks like rotating well with the cmd key wink

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 28 October 2012 01:28 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

” the vertex animator is a nice thing to play with. thanks for that.”
I’m glad you like it. Keep in mind that it works, yet it’s early state.

“is it possible to rotate the view in there when running prefab on windows?”
mmm, I haven’t tested yet on another machine running Windows. Only using parallel on my mac, and it behaves ok in there.

It’s no big deal as it will change. The selection rect will be working at all time, and shift will allow you to add vertices to the selection and probably right click to remove from the selection. Pressing nothing will behave as it does now. Clear current selection and select a new set of vertices.
View rotation will however stay on cmd, so I’ll test on Window to see what could be the equivallent. At least, that’s the plan. The final piece may differ from this.

I’m busy redoing some routines, such as the selection traverse. It works way too slow atm if you have lots of vertices (tho it’s not a big problem in the editor as vertexanimations are ment for low poly counts, but would be a problem for geometry editing tools). The vertices layer projection is also missing a propper distance/eye ratio.

I hope it will not take too long to add/fix these…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X