Models have no shading?

Software: Prefab3D

Gibbie, Newbie
Posted: 20 October 2012 06:32 PM   Total Posts: 4

Hi,

I am new to both Away3D and Prefab3d. Both look like great programs. I am trying to accomplish a simple task in Prefab3d. I am trying to import a sphere made in Lightwave Modeler. The problem I am having is that my models always have a fully ambient lit quality to them (no shading just color). I thought it could be because of Lightwave but I tried native 3ds files from other people and got the same non shaded results. I’ve tried adding a lightsource and I’ve messed around with the ambient color settings with no success. No matter the format I use, the scale of the object, or where the object comes from I get the same result.

Sorry if this question has been answered before I am not sure what search terms to use.

Thanks

Gibbie, Newbie
Posted: 20 October 2012 11:50 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 1 ]

Oh! I discovered the lightpicker. This was the key. Makes perfect sense now. If anyone has this problem ping this thread and I will make a youtube about it.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 October 2012 03:04 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

if you go “prefab’s home” from menu, left on site, you will find what is the start of a manual. How to add lights/lightpickers in Prefab is explained in there.

” I will make a youtube about it.”
Please be my guest!!

Gibbie, Newbie
Posted: 21 October 2012 04:03 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 3 ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkQVLqLZtrw

cheers!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 October 2012 07:58 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Thanks for taking the time smile

a few things:
you can add one picker(and its lights) in one single step if you cmd/a (select all) and press the picker apply btn.

You may have noticed the “max” on poinlights. If you (un)press it you can then have more precise options. The light debug will show you the radius and falloff)

As about “why” the light information stored into the project class to the exported classes is not working?
Doing this in the project class, which is more a reference to see how you should implement than a real class, would force you to use my example even if valid and force me to modify the main as3 ouputs to return whatever this class would need.
Therefor, I plan to add a new class dedicated to lights that will do the same but that can be exported as a single “myProjectLights.as” so that you can still keep your project construct style, yet keep the main output as they are. They are already complex enough especially if you export methods and extended materials.

oh and the bug you’ve found (not showing the debugged light when its added). will be fixed next update!

Gibbie, Newbie
Posted: 21 October 2012 08:05 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 5 ]

Thanks for the tips.. And great software btw!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X