Load a 3D Model - 50% Textures lost

Software: Prefab3D

MattIT, Newbie
Posted: 15 October 2012 12:20 PM   Total Posts: 6

Hi everyone!
I’m a pretty new to the 3D world of Flash and Away3D…
I’m creating an interactive 3D environment and I chose to do it with Away3D because it seems the best choice ... you agree?
I built a 3D model using Google Sketchup and I’m trying to import it into prefab3D 2.
I exported the SketchUp model in three different ways (dae, obj, 3ds).
The dae file is the worst, there are elements of my object completely detached from others.
The 3ds file is loaded correctly but lacks all (100%) the textures.
Obj file is the best, but almost the 40% of textures are lost, the only error that appears is that some “bitmaps were corrected after they were loaded”.
Is a Sketchup exporter problems??
Any advices???

P.s. I attached some files: 1 Sketchup view 2 Prefab view 3 Model report.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 15 October 2012 12:49 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

for gpu requirements all maps must have power of 2 sizes (nothing would work otherwize). Prefab loads the map as you or your editor have defined them. Say you did a 200x230 map, Prefab will rescale it to the nearest power of two value: 256x256.

If you export as dae from SUP, make sure that 1: it’s triangulated prior export, and that dae is v1.4.1 or lower. (1.5 would be ignored anyway)

As about having models “completly detached”, open Prefab pref’s, and set recenter at load to false. save prefs, reload model. This is because some programs define the object space data from origin or sometimes, like files generated by servers such as BIM (ifc/ifcxml to collada) tend to add floating faces for some reason. As a result the default recentering data in objectspace may be affected, causing the visual “detachment”.

As a side note: there is regarding 3ds files, a mistake into the parser, causing faulty bounds. you can see this behavior by selecting a 3ds mesh. In many cases, the box doesn’t include the mesh as it should. I know where and how to fix, I simply didn’t have the time to dive on this yet. Once done, I’ll update both Prefab & Away3D. The recenter routine may cause a similar artefact as described above.

MattIT, Newbie
Posted: 15 October 2012 01:45 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 2 ]

Thank you a lot Fabrice!

My question was specific to the file. Obj. as I thought of export all in Obj.
I do not understand why some textures are not loaded, while others do.
Instead some textures that I have applied to multiple objects if they are loaded, they are loaded only on one.

Thank u again!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 15 October 2012 07:49 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

if the mtl is correct (url) if a given object (f) requires mtl and if the material is unique per mesh, the image will load and be displayed. Look in log if there are any reported errors regarding file not found.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X