Texture issue

Software: Away3D 3.x

Sury@P@1, Newbie
Posted: 16 June 2011 01:20 AM   Total Posts: 1

I was loading the .3ds/.dae files in my panel through Collada/MaxDs classes of away3d 3.6 Api. I would render wire frame 3D images. In order to mimic realistic 3d image, i dont have any texture image(.jpg) exported from 3D software to apply to its material property.

Why shouldn’t i apply the some random textures downloaded (http://www.texturewarehouse.com/gallery/)  from net is not applying to the 3d model properly. Finally the image seems like 2D images due to improper texture(i.e the edges of the image are not visible like 3d model)

Is it required to have the same texture image generated from the 3d software to have better 3d model. Please provide your comments.

Here is my code snippet for texture application

protected function onLoadSuccess(event:Loader3DEvent):void
{
          container =event.loader.handle as ObjectContainer3D;
var newMaterial:BitmapFileMaterial = new BitmapFileMaterial(“someTextureImage.jpg”);
              for each (var child:Mesh in container.children){
child.material = newMaterial;
}
            ......}

Alexander Seifert, Moderator
Posted: 18 June 2011 12:28 PM   Total Posts: 129   [ # 1 ]

Sury@P@1, could you provide two screenshots of what your textured objects should look like (as it did in 3.6) and of what they look like instead (in 4.0)?

Unfortunately I can not exactly understand your troubles.
Thanks!
Alex

Signature 
signature_image

http://www.deltastrike.org

Sury@P@1, Newbie
Posted: 20 June 2011 07:18 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 2 ]
Alexander Seifert - 18 June 2011 12:28 PM

Sury@P@1, could you provide two screenshots of what your textured objects should look like (as it did in 3.6) and of what they look like instead (in 4.0)?

Please find the attached screen shots for your reference. By the way, i was not using away 4 instead away 3.6.

These are the following ways used to built the material object..

The first image—> 

var newMaterial:WireColorMaterial = new   WireColorMaterial(“silver”,
    {
    //wirecolor: 0xFFFFFF,
    //width: 1
    }

The second image—> Actual 2d image exported from cad tools. i suppose to get the output as such

The third image—>
var newMaterial :BitmapMaterial =  new BitmapMaterial(new EarthNormal().bitmapData);
//The outcome seems like 2d image due to lack of edges visibility in the canvas.

I was applying the newMaterial as given in the code specified in previous post..

My question is to mimic the 3d image as a real time image given in 2nd image of attachment.I don’t have texture image to apply as such.. What is the way to apply the texture to visualize as a real 3d tubing image.

Your suggestions are greatful to me..

Unfortunately I can not exactly understand your troubles.
Thanks!
Alex

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X