C4D-AWD2-Bridge

Software: Away3D 4.x

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 14 April 2013 08:34 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 31 ]

Hi glasses

i would have answered earlier, but i didnt recieved a notification email about your post…

yes, it is a bug, that the plugin does not inform you about the unsupported channel.

ATM, the only supported channels are bitmap-channels (texture files you load in). No other shaders are supported (No layer, noise, fresnel, etc)

i might add some stuff at a later point (fresnel, subsurfacescattering etc) but this depends on the awd2 format too.

I will see that the plugin stops chrashing when encountering unsupported channels.

Since the last update on the plugin, you are not stuck to jpg or png, but can use all bitmaps that c4d supports. Even PSD files with different Layers are no problem. If you choose to export textures as external files, they will be saved as jpg or pngs next to your awd file, even they where in ohter formats in c4d.

I think Prefab is compareing the Weight-Buffer-length with the vert-buffer-length, to calculate the correct Joints-Per-verticle.

In the AWDSkeletonTag, you can get the information about Joints-per-verticle for each weight-tag thats connected with the skeleton.
You even have a button to reduce the Joints-per-verticle step by step.

As long as you set the correct Joints-Per-verticle in the AnimationSet, it should play fine.

read the Animationset.as again, starting at line 18 smile

* Returns the amount of skeleton joints that can be linked to a single vertex via skinned weight values. For GPU-base animation, the
* maximum allowed value is 4.

it can be higher, but than the Animation will not run on GPU.

i am making some progress with the documentation of the plugin too, so sean can expect me to contact him very soon.

Its hard to make a documentation about something that is still work in progress on some parts, but i try my best.

Thanks everyone for the feedback this far.

Cheers

robin

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

glasses, Newbie
Posted: 15 April 2013 07:22 AM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 32 ]

Hi, robin. Thanks for you reply again!

So according to your words, if the jointsPerVertex > 4, the CPU will do calculation instead of GPU, right? And actually I followed your guide, then used the reduce jointsPerVertex function in your plugin. However, several points are still not so clear to me at this moment:

- the problem I met is actually caused by the missing UV. Before I exported my file to AWD, I deleted the UVW tag of the animated mesh because there is no need to use UV this time. If I didn’t re-generate the UVW tag, the error would be the same, even though I did reduce the jointsPervertex to the value smaller than 4. So does it mean that the UVW tag is necessary for exporting skeleton animation?

- I am not very clear about the jointsPerVertex itself. Namely, why you can reduce its value in your plugin? And what’s the difference after the reduction? In my case, I found nothing changed except the value itself.

- Currently, I am using the away3d 4.0.9 gold. By its parser, the calculated jointsPerVertex value is always 1 smaller than the jointsPerVertex value showed in your plugin. So is it a bug?

BTW, hope you could finish the documentation in the next couple of days. I know you are working so hard now. And I’m also ready for help! smile

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 15 April 2013 10:59 AM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 33 ]

Hi glasses

I am on my mobil right now, so this answer will be short.

I will have to test skinned meshes without uvs. They should work, but could be a buggy too.

Joints per verticle really matters for filesize and performance needed by the animation. If my plugin reduces the joint per verticle,  but you do not notice any differenz in the Animation, the plugin did a good Job wink

I am not shure if about the issue wih the away gold showning one more joint per verticle, will look into that later when i am home.

Hope that helps.

Robin

Signature 

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 15 April 2013 10:05 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 34 ]

I tried to gather all my informatiosn about the C4d-awd.Plugin into this file:

http://www.differentdesign.de/downloads/QuickC4DAwdHelp.doc

Next step for me, will be to organize / create all the example-data and screenshots, needed to tranform this into a understandable diocumentation.

I think the final-documentation should be in form of a html-website-helpsystem, because inside of C4D, the “show-Help” command of the Plugin will open the “Main-Help-File”, using the systems default appliacation, set for this filetype.
Because most user will have the html-filetype associated to theire Standart-Browser, i think its the savest way to open a Help-System from within c4d.

The Html-Help should be Multilingual, and should conrtain a “search”-function.

I toyed arround with several open-source and trial-versions of HTM-.Help-Creator.Software, but this far, nothing coulc make me happy

If anyone has any suggestions, Please share them

@glasses and sean:

feel free to modify this documentation in any way you want.

Hop that helps.

Signature 

glasses, Newbie
Posted: 16 April 2013 02:06 AM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 35 ]

Hi, robin! Thanks for your good job!
I will start reviewing this documentation in the next few days.
Hope I could do something for you.

Have a nice day!

Sean72, Newbie
Posted: 17 April 2013 07:46 PM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 36 ]

Hey Robin,

I’ve stopped getting some forum notifications as well, so I missed this post.

It’s awesome to have some documentation, I’ll message glasses and see how we divide up the review.

Thanks!

glasses, Newbie
Posted: 18 April 2013 01:07 PM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 37 ]

Hey, guys! This is glasses.
I feel so happy that I could help you with the documentation.
So as what Sean72 mailed me, could you please let me review the skeleton animation part? Of course, I will try my best to check whether it is clear and understandable or not, especially from the viewpoint of a normal user.

However, since my mother tongue is not English, if you find something what I submitted or corrected wired, please feel free to contact me via this post or my email address.

Thank you!

glasses, Newbie
Posted: 23 April 2013 03:36 AM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 38 ]

Hi, Robin and Sean72!

Last weekends, I read the manual. Actually it has been summarized quite well.
Thus, I just want to feedback some of my personal opinions and questions.
If you use Microsoft word to open this doc, you will see my comments.

Hope that will hope you in some degree.
If there was any problem, feel free to contact me.

P.S. Since Sean72 said he would corrected the typo and grammar errors, I did nothing for that part this time. smile

File Attachments
QuickC4DAwdHelp_-_FeedbackFromGlasses.doc  (File Size: 53KB - Downloads: 984)

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 30 September 2013 11:26 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 39 ]

Hey guys, thank you very much for this plugin, its nearly perfect wink
Sometimes i`ve got a problem, when exporting complex models and i`m not able to figure out, exactly what the problem is.
So my question is: Are there any restrictions, rules, limits i need to know?

Thank you very much!

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 03 October 2013 12:40 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 40 ]

Hi Manuel

Sorry for late answer smile

so. there should be no limitiation for export of static meshes.
They should automaticcly get split into SubGeometries, so there should be no limit for face-count of a mesh.

I know there is a bug when trying to export unsupported material-channels/shaders. (for example: exporter crashes when you try to export a noise-channel instead of a texture file inside of the color-channel).

You can allways send your not working file to 80prozent[a]differentdesign.de, and i can tell you why its not working.

Signature 

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 04 October 2013 09:15 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 41 ]
80prozent - 03 October 2013 12:40 PM

Hi Manuel

Sorry for late answer smile

so. there should be no limitiation for export of static meshes.
They should automaticcly get split into SubGeometries, so there should be no limit for face-count of a mesh.

I know there is a bug when trying to export unsupported material-channels/shaders. (for example: exporter crashes when you try to export a noise-channel instead of a texture file inside of the color-channel).

You can allways send your not working file to 80prozent[a]differentdesign.de, and i can tell you why its not working.

Thank you, i`ve sent it ^^

lourencohen, Newbie
Posted: 29 January 2014 07:01 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 42 ]

I am newbie here and really glad to find the new plug in you had developed. I have found C4D as a great and useful plug-in for programmers like us. Thanks for your effort. Please keep sharing such useful info in future also.

rdokoye, Newbie
Posted: 13 March 2015 02:44 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 43 ]

Thanks for the plugin, I hope it works as advertised, been reading about a number of issues with it.

‹‹ KART WITH AI

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X