when i add lights to scene, it renders out dark from AWDViewer.as

Software: Away3D 4.x

chad, Newbie
Posted: 20 September 2013 11:18 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hello,

My scene seems to work fine when I export directly from c4d to away builder and then into flash onto the web. Everything shows up fine in the browser. However when I add points/directional lights to the scene it is rendering out black. Inside away builder I can see lights and everything seems to be working, just when I run the script in the browser to I loose the model. Any help would be appreciated.

File Attachments
test5.awd  (File Size: 958KB - Downloads: 516)

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 24 September 2013 05:18 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

Hi

Are you referring to the AWDViewer.as found here ?

https://github.com/awaytools/awd-sdk/tree/master/tools/viewers/flash/src

This AWDViewer has not been updated to support AWD2.1.
Lights was implemented into AWD with version AWD2.1.

That said, the file should not appear as black-scene either (since the AWDViewer should ignore the lights, but import the object that are known to AWD2.0 correctly).

What Away3d-version are you using ?

When using the new features of AWD2.1, you should allways work with the latest Away3d-version found in the dev-branch:
https://github.com/away3d/away3d-core-fp11/tree/dev

hope that helps

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

chad, Newbie
Posted: 24 September 2013 08:23 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for the reply. I updated the script to 2.1 but the lights still are causing the object to disappear. I however found a way around it by using an fresnel environment effect to achieve a similar look for what I want. One issue I am having is that transparency in the Away Builder is not showing up in the flash file. Also the diffuse color set to black is showing up as white.

chad, Newbie
Posted: 24 September 2013 08:29 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 3 ]

*correction didnt follow what you said about lights not being added to AWDviewer.as 2.1, got it now

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X