AWD doesn´t export Skybox created in Away Builder into Flash

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 26 September 2013 11:37 AM   Total Posts: 29

Hi there,

It seems there is some kind of problem with AWD and a Skybox created in Away Builder, because when I load AWD into my actionscript code, in Flash CS6, everything shows except the Skybox and it´s texture.

Is there any way to fix this? Do I have to embed the textures? i thought Away Builder would do that for me. Do I have to create the Skybox directly in my code instead? Why isn´t this working? Any clues?

Thanks

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 03 October 2013 12:52 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

Hi

I havnt been using Flash IDE for a while…

Some thoughts:

How are you loading your file ? Loader3d ? or Assetlibrary ?

If you are not using the Loader3d, you need to add the skybox to your scene yourself. Like this:

private function onAssetComplete(event:AssetEvent):void
{

if (event.asset.assetType == AssetType.SKYBOX{
                yourView
.scene.addChildevent.asset);

}

when working with external textures, the textures should be inside a folder called “textures”, thats in the same folder that the AWD-file is in.
So better start with using embed textures…

Hope that helps

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

Mar, Newbie
Posted: 04 October 2013 09:09 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 2 ]

Hi 80prozent,

I am loading my AWD file with loader3d indeed. I knew I would have no problem loading it by code directly in my as3 file. My question was, is there any way of loading also the Skybox (created in away builder) as the rest of the model did load? It’s really a pain in the ass to have done it already in away builder and have to do it again by code cuz it seems to disappear.

I guess it is a bug or not working to well, hope they can fix it, Away builder saves me soooooo many headaches with coding.

Thanks a lot anyway wink

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 October 2013 10:22 AM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 3 ]

Hi Mar

hm

when using the Loader3d the skybox indeed should load correctly.

when using embed textures, it cannot be because of url-errors (textures not able to load).

did you try to reload the file into AwayBuilder ?

skybox is imported correctly ?

if it is reloaded into AwayBuilder correctly, than there is something wrong with your Flash-project….

why using Flash IDE anyway ?
FalshBuilder / FlashDevelop are much better for coding projects…(and for me skybox works in flashdevelop and flashBuilder…)

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

hp, Newbie
Posted: 05 December 2013 04:39 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 4 ]

Im having the same problem.

I have created a skybox with textures in Away Builder. The textures are in a folder called ‘textures’ in the same location as the .awd.

This is what I have to load the skybox:

private function onAssetComplete(event:AssetEvent):void
{

if (event.asset.assetType == AssetType.SKYBOX{
  _view
.scene.addChild(event.asset as SkyBox);

trace("skybox exists");

}

The Skybox does load when published but the background is blank. When I set a new skybox with the ‘CubeDefault’ texture in AwayBuilder, you can see the checkered pattern when published so the problem is when trying to load a jpg in a new cubetexture.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,

hp

hp, Newbie
Posted: 12 December 2013 10:04 AM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 5 ]

Just tried the skybox jpgs which came with the Away3D download and these work.

I think the skybox jpgs need to be 1024 x 1024 in order to work. My jpgs were 512 x 512 and these do not work. Im not sure what else it could be?

Perhaps if there was a warning dialog box when trying to import textures below 1024x1024 would be useful for the next release.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X