tutorials/ guidance

Software: Prefab3D

Calvin, Newbie
Posted: 10 July 2012 01:15 PM   Total Posts: 4

Having a hard time finding any tutorials/instructions.

I’m using Prefab3d in conjunction with Flash Develop.  When expierment with a sphere made in 3d stuio max, passing it through prefab 3d and trying to make it appear in Flash 11, via Flash Develop I get a blank screen.

Wondering if the problem isn’t how I’m handling the files.  Are the Prefab files supposed to be filed in any particular file structure?  am I supposed to be able to run the Prefab project or my class action script and the object should appear?

New to Away 3d/seeing what I can do with it.  Flash Develop is confiugred right for Away3d 4.  I ran through some basic Away 3d tutorials and was getting results.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 11 July 2012 10:10 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Hi Calvin,
If you compile, does FD fires errors? If yes what are these?

You are compiling ok: do you view the swf in html? is your html ready for flash 11.3? having the vmode direct set, right player version?
You view the result in SA flash player: is it the right version? If you try to open flash 11.3 files with SA 10, it gives a nice white screen and no errors.

Now assuming you’re all set, swf compiles just fine and html is ok.

Prefab exports for you a project file (PrefabProject.as), and a set of classes representing the objects that you want to display.

The project file is there to help you. Meaning that if you run it, it will display the exported objects. This class is made just to quick test or show you how you can use Prefab exports. You can do so much in f11 that it would make no sens to attempt to export a fully structured project. Hence the minimalist, tutorial like purpose of the “PrefabProject.as”.

The outputs should run if you use either master or release branch, both available on github page.
If you have applied methods or export a generic ASbase class, and you run them using “master” you will likely get an error that it doesn’t find “EffectMethodBase”. fix: find and replace by “ShadingMethodBase”. If you run release it will be just fine.

if you export vertex animation to as3, it will fail in release.

The problem is that atm, it is impossible for me to release an update that is fully compatible with both. master is beta, and release, evolving dayly, is to become away gold (official 4.0) somewhere around the 17 of july.

I have an update in the making that will be released sync with the away3D 4.0 release. So during 2 weeks (one left to go) Prefab outputs cannot be garantied to work seamlessly. With the update 2.117, all AS3’s will be 4.0 compatible and will no longer reflect beta. You will have by then to update your version to latest in order to run 4.0 with Prefab >=2.117 outputs.

Calvin, Newbie
Posted: 11 July 2012 02:03 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 2 ]

Thanks for your help.

As far as I can tell, all is set up correctly…though obviously something is tripping in.  It runs in a stand along flash player.  All is set for Flash 11.  Wmode is set to direct in the index. 

Wouild the following be the correct procedure for setting up a prefab prject in flash:

1.        For experiment I made a capsule in Prefab 3d
3.  Export .  Export AS3 class.  Away 3d.
4. Save it in a file Wed Test 2
5. Flash Develop.  Open new As3 project.
6. Save project in Wed Test 2
7. Now it show Wed test 3 with bin, lib, myclass, scr files.  The my   class files containing the prefab as files you alluded to.
8. Set the project to 11.  (to coincide with my player version).
9. In properties/classpaths, I set a path to the Away 3d src file I have downloaded.
10. Hit test project
11. No errors.
12. Flash player 11 pops up.  But is blank.

ayman, Newbie
Posted: 15 July 2013 09:36 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 3 ]

Right click on PrefabProject.as and choose “Set Document Class”

‹‹ Perfomance

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X