Away Builder export problem

Software: Other

Boyan, Newbie
Posted: 30 May 2013 12:24 PM   Total Posts: 18

Hello to all.

Being new to away3d it seems that i stumbled over the most basic operation - importing awd’s which were exported from Away Builder. Every awd which I export from Away Builder(downloaded very recently from this site), no matter how simple it is, causes the following error:

Error: Error #2030: End of file was encountered.
at flash.utils::ByteArray/readUTFBytes()
at away3d.loaders.parsers::AWD2Parser/parseVarStr()....

But this happens only with awd’s exported from Away Builder. When they are exported from 3ds max 2012 plugin, they work fine…

I would appreciate any advice.

Boyan

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 30 May 2013 08:09 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

Hi Boyan
I have allready posted this in the other thread youve made about this issue
Just putting the answer here too, since this is actuall the right sub-forum to use for AwayBuilder.

When exporting from AwayBuilder and targeting the AWD2.0 parser, please uncheck the streaming-option, or set the compression option to UNCOMPRESSED.

When both “compression” and “streaming” are enabled for a export, the encoder will use the compression per block, and not on the whole file.
This is new for awd2.1 - the old parser cannot handle compression per Block will crash when trying to read the compressed block.

So the fix for now: Disable the Streaming-option.
Its not really used by the parsing-system atm anyway
(so it would proberly be the best if we would have this option disabled/removed in the Gui atm)

Thanks for reporting this.

Cheers

Robin

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

‹‹ What am I doing wrong ?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X