Prefab3D import .DAE without animation

Software: Prefab3D

collider, Newbie
Posted: 18 May 2013 06:22 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi guys,
i have a simple rotating cube from maya2012 exported with openCollada, if i open it inside prefab3d load only the mesh and the process log window says:
Try parse file with extension: .dae
url [file:///D:/maya/test/assets/cube.dae]

Loaded and parsed dae file
url [file:///D:/maya/test/assets/cube.dae]
object added to scene
Clearing anim data cache if any

The mesh and animation is loaded well inside Flare3D IDE, the collada version is 1.4.1.
I’ve read this topic:
http://away3d.com/forum/viewthread/3229/#10533
and Fabrice say:
If no errors, <1.4.1, mesh only display, then the animation is not fully defined into the dae.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 18 May 2013 07:04 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

You say, I have a “simple rotating cube”
If this is a scenebased animation (timeline like). It is not yet supported.

collider, Newbie
Posted: 18 May 2013 09:16 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

It’s a cube with a 360° rotation and the tranform attributes baked on a 100 frames timeline. If I have a scene with a mesh animated with dynamics, then baked the transform/rotation/scale on the timeline which are the alternatives? From Maya, only .md5 files?

Posted: 18 May 2013 09:44 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

There are no alternative regarding imports. The nearest available in Prefab atm (and that could be done in 2 secs) is to add a behavior to your cube. A tween or linear with more properties (such as rotationY and x) would do the same, but you will be able to use this in only one export: the AS3. You need to export the package provided as well.
Of course for easy things it’s okay, but once you have complex animations, it’s better to have an editor/timeline and that Away simply reads and handles the result.

Prefab’s own format and awd specs 2.1 do support this already.
SpriteSheetAnimator and an update of UVAnimator were added for 4.1. beta
Let’s hope we can have all these goodies added in not so far future…

collider, Newbie
Posted: 18 May 2013 11:05 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

I didn’t understand, what Prefab’s own format and awd2.1 supports already? Tween and linear behavior?
Do you think that SpriteSheetAnimator and UVAnimator might be helpful for my case(baked translations of a mesh on timeline)?

Posted: 19 May 2013 11:51 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 5 ]

I named these these two animators to illustrate the fact that we are busy adding new animation capabilities to the engine. As said, timeline/frame scene space animation is NOT supported yet but likely to be in a near future.

When it will be added to the engine, it will be supported right away in AwayBuilder(awd) & Prefab(awd,pfb,AS3) because we have already taken this kind of animation data into both formats.

Tween and linear behavior?
Prefab has behaviors, if you select a mesh, make a new behavior, and assign it to this mesh, you can then export all this via as3 and it will replicate the animation.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X