AWD Exporter for 3ds Max 2012

Software: Away3D 4.x

Morpheusz, Newbie
Posted: 15 September 2012 07:14 PM   Total Posts: 13

Hey All,

I am making a fashion based app for facebook with away3d. I used other frameworks for stage3d but away is the best around there .

I should make some chatacter animations, from the examples the awd format is so easy to use. I downloaded a trial max and the awd exporter. I put the plugin files to the apropreate plugins folder but 3ds max doesnt recognise it i can not export to Away3d AWD format.

Why is that? Should i do something with PyAWD? I hope not.
http://code.google.com/p/awd/wiki/SDKBuildInstructions

Thank you anyone for the help.!!!

John Wilson, Member
Posted: 16 September 2012 07:06 AM   Total Posts: 62   [ # 1 ]

I don’t use 3DS, but in Blender you can export your animation as a Collada file, import it into Prefab and export as awd 2 from there.  Perhaps the same technique will work for 3DS.

Morpheusz, Newbie
Posted: 16 September 2012 10:56 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 2 ]

Thank you for the anwer! I will try that out:)
Until this time i found a B plan called sea3d.Now its girlfriend time but at night i will play with it a little bit.

Thank you!:)

Morpheusz, Newbie
Posted: 25 September 2012 03:24 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 3 ]

Can anyone describe me how can i make the awd exporer working for max?I put the files to the plugins folder. But nothing..
I export skin animated model to dae but it doesnt apear in prefab.

Anyone? maybe…

aeki, Member
Posted: 25 September 2012 04:36 PM   Total Posts: 73   [ # 4 ]

in max 2012, file—> Export, and then choose file format = *.AWD

Morpheusz, Newbie
Posted: 25 September 2012 04:55 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 5 ]

Yes but he file format doesnt apear in the list:)

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 25 September 2012 08:57 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

Regarding Dae/Prefab, if your dae doesn’t load is probably because of it’s version, make sure it’s not 1.5 as the parser doesn’t handle them yet. If Prefab finds a 1.5+ tag, it cancels further parsing of the dae. As the result will not be the expected anyway. unless you like blobs…

Now say it displays the mesh but no animation when you select the mesh. Look in process log to see if errors are reported, if all elements for your animation are traced, such as skeleton, mesh etc..  finally the log should tell he builded an animator. If no errors, <1.4.1, mesh only display, then the animation is not fully defined into the dae.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X