prefab3d 2.130 won’t export files

Software: Prefab3D

lisophorm, Newbie
Posted: 06 November 2012 04:07 PM   Total Posts: 10

Hi, I am trying right now prefab3d 2.130. For now I need it mainly to convert files from a format to another.
The problem is that it won’t export any files. It loads and displays correctly a lot of assets from the away3d cookbook.
But actually when I go into the Exports menu I don’t get any exported file. I see correctly the save dialogs but nothing is saved.
I have tried it with both air 3.4 and air 3.5. I am running windows 7 64 bit business edition. I have also tried running as administrator. Also I have tried saving this files in different folders like documents, desktop etc. Nothing.

Maybe I’m missing something can you please advise.
Also let me know if I can add any information to this.

I have tried prefab3d version 1 and it exports correctly the files. Unfortunately it’s of no use because it saves only in awd1 format.

Thanks in advance for any help

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 06 November 2012 04:53 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

I wanted to propose you to save on a “public” location such as desktop, as there is no catch yet for privileges. But since you tried and it fails, I honestly do not have a clue.
Just tried on colleague’s W7 machine and all behaves just fine. Seams be ok on XP as well (running on my mac). Will try tonite on my daughter’s laptop also running W7…

lisophorm, Newbie
Posted: 07 November 2012 12:23 AM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 2 ]

I have been able to save some files. This is the procedure:
Save the file into the C:\Users\Public\Documents
When the windows save dialog appears type in a filename without extension.
Prefab3d will create a directory with that name and save inside the files

Quite awkward behaviour, on the same machine I never had troubles saving file using air.filesystem ....

Also I tried running as admin without any success.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 07 November 2012 09:20 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Tried on her laptop, all worked just fine, it’s a w7 home edition that came preinstalled on this HP thing.
I’m definitely not at home on Windows, but since it runs on two different machines running this OS, I would tend to think there is something restrictive set on your machine. Do you have any antivirus, security app that could behave a bit too enthousiastic?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X