Examples suggestion

Software: Other

MadMax, Newbie
Posted: 12 June 2011 02:16 AM   Total Posts: 1

Greetings people, love the new site. Great work.

I have a suggestion:

One of the frustrating things as an occasional coder in Away3D is getting examples and trying them out and then they don’t work due to versionitis, so my suggestion would be that all examples be clearly tagged as compatible with whatever versions, and possibly different example code downloads for the different versions which helps people learning to move from one version to another.

Cheers,
Max

Alejandro Santander, Administrator
Posted: 14 June 2011 10:48 PM   Total Posts: 414   [ # 1 ]

Yes, I agree MadMax, this is something that we definitely need. In the past few months the team has committed to improve support to the community and make things easier and cooler for everyone. The first step of this process was this site and the forum. We are now looking for a good examples system. So please be patient once again and you’ll have what you want =)

Suggestions are welcome.

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 18 June 2011 06:38 AM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 2 ]

yeah I kind of see the progression of Away3D building up to this moment (almost). Having followed these pioneers through Papervision, Sandy, etc., it really seems like Adobe said to themselves “oh crap, look at what at these guys are doing. We better move that direction.” So they did, but in a way that makes the Away3D guys and the rest reinvent everything all over again to work right.

The Broomstick stuff has kind of a steep learning curve, but when you start getting it to work it’s like WOW that is cool. I think like any other good open source framework, the best examples will start coming from the community. Check out David Lenaert aka derschmale, Darcey Lloyd’s stuff, Peter Stromberg aka themightyatom, Chris aka mcfunkypants, and several others I’m sure I’ve missed just now.

It has been kind of hard to keep what is 4.0 stuff separate from earlier releases which I have found a big issue since they are very different, but I think that soon we all be on the same page with Broomstick.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X