awd2(skin and animation)plugin

Software: Away3D 4.x

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 13 June 2011 01:43 AM   Total Posts: 20

it would be nice to have a awd2(skin and animation)plugin to export or import from 3dmax in Away4
Thanks

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 13 June 2011 12:30 PM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

We agree, and it’s on our list, but we are prioritizing Maya and blender. The reason for this is simple that these are the tools that we need ourselves. The best way to get a 3dsmax exporter out faster is to either do it yourself (using the AWD SDK for c++) or hire one of us to do it if your company needs the exporter right now. Let me know and I can help you get started if you want to, but please remember that awd2 is still in development.

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2011 12:57 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 2 ]

ok thanks,

FloaterMan, Newbie
Posted: 15 June 2011 03:18 AM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 3 ]

this PLUGIN in where????????????

Posted: 16 June 2011 10:59 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 4 ]
FloaterMan - 15 June 2011 03:18 AM

this PLUGIN in where????????????

I’m not sure I understand your question. What plug-in are you talking about? Like I said in my earlier post there is no plug-in for 3dsmax. The Maya one is in development.

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 21 June 2011 03:44 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 5 ]

1. how long and how much if we hire one of you to finishing the 3dmax2010 exporter for awd2(mesh and animation),

2. Collada format is all right ? the latest version away3d4.0 is not support?
3. // if too many bones to fit in the constants, fall back to cpu animation :(
if (_forceCPU || _jointsPerVertex > 4 || pass.numUsedVertexConstants + _skeleton.numJoints * 3 > 128)
{
_usesCPU = true;
_nullAnimation = new NullAnimation();
return _nullAnimation.getAGALVertexCode(pass);
}

why the constants number 128 ,is away3d or adobe not support more?

Posted: 21 June 2011 08:05 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 6 ]

1. E-mail me outside of the forum and we can discuss this. You’ll find my e-mail on http://www.richardolsson.se.

2. Collada is currently not supported in Away4. A parser is in the works, but it’s a hugely complex format with very few benefits once AWD2 has been implemented everywhere, so we are not focusing a lot of resources on it. It will be supported eventually, but there is no clear timeframe for this.

3. Flash Player (Molehill) is what limits the number of constants.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X