Is the engine alive?

Software: Away3D 4.x

SirGordon, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2014 10:32 AM   Total Posts: 29

Hello!
Is the Flash fork of the engine still alive and developed? There have been no commits for a long time..

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 31 July 2014 11:46 AM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 1 ]

Had the same concerns so I asked.
Dev is happening on the typescript/js version, once that is complete it will be ported to the Flash version.
When?
When its done. As is always the way wink

SirGordon, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2014 11:54 AM   Total Posts: 29   [ # 2 ]

so the TS version is now the main one?

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 31 July 2014 12:36 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 3 ]

No. its just work is being done on TS by Rob.
Later, sergey will port those to flash aswell as the latest flash updates (AGAL2)

Its so we end up with similar ways of doing things whether in TS or Flash/Air.

GrokDD, Newbie
Posted: 01 August 2014 01:21 AM   Total Posts: 28   [ # 4 ]

Thanks John,
That is very reassuring.
I try to keep in mind, it’s a small team, with lives of their own.

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 03 August 2014 07:44 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 5 ]

Do Adobe know it’s not dead?
I just saw they added Zest3D to thier game frameworks. Nothing against Zest, but so far there’s no community or Wiki or anything, and the feature set is also quite limited (no offence Gary!).

Seems weird move from Adobe. I hope they don’t push the Away team to concentrate on WebGL solutions.

Cheers!

gpaluk, Newbie
Posted: 15 August 2014 02:08 PM   Total Posts: 1   [ # 6 ]

Hi Peter,

No offense taken smile Work is definitely still ongoing with Away3D for Flash so no worries there. As for the Zest3D community resources that you mention, since being featured with Adobe, we have created a community site which is available at:

http://community.zest3d.com

Thanks

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 March 2016 08:04 PM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 7 ]

Hi from 2016,

I have found some news about Away3D 5:

In the Sergey Gonchar page (http://gonchar.me/blog/goncharposts/2399), you can see the record of the Flash Online Conference #12.

To jump to the Away3D v5 part, drag the video slider around 0:50:00 or search for “Away3D” in the “Events Index” left sidebar.

It seem’s pretty interesting. I guess all that work is being done in AwayJS now and then will be ported to Away3D?

Both sites Away3D and Zest3D have been very quiet since 2014. It would be good to see them updated with these kind of videos and information or simply a short message to avoid the feeling of a dead site.

I can understand the Away team is busy, I know what is to be really busy, but a quiet site doesn’t help to keep the current users and even less to get new users.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X