Away3D 4 - Multiple 3D model test and fly around.

Software: Away3D 4.x

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 19 August 2011 01:52 AM   Total Posts: 209

Here’s a quick test I just cooked up using a bunch of googled max files and dumped into Away3D 4 with a few tweens thrown in the mix for good measure.

http://www.allforthecode.co.uk/away3d/beta2_3D_Model_Test/index.html

Interesting thing is 101 planes with a texture and 4 lights applied to them hits my machine harder than this…. mad.

FPS: Never below 58
Memory: Never moving from 48.3mb
Driv: DX9

Away3D 4 FP 11 Download date (19/08/2011)

Rig: GTX570 i7 2.8GHZ win7x64

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 August 2011 07:05 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

Great demo Darcy, and a good point too. Strange though isn’t it?
I guess the GPU get’s bored when asked to render 100’s of boxes all the time, but throw the Titanic at it and it’s happy cool smile

So what happens now if you add some textures?

Cheers!

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 August 2011 07:55 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 2 ]

197560 POLYs, 37.1M, Average Framerate is 4…without texture…it crashed my chrome

Signature 
signature_image

Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great

Posted: 19 August 2011 08:15 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

What’s your machine, a Nokia? wink

Joking aside I didn’t know they’d release F11 for chrome.
Have you tried it in Firefox? What’s your set-up?

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 August 2011 08:30 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 4 ]

Try this , peter:

http://unity3d.com/gallery/live-demos/index.html#tropical-paradise
http://www.inear.se/city/demo1/
http://www.everyday3d.com/unity3d/city/03/

Unity3D renders super fast than flash , it’s really hard to build big scene using away3d 4.0 with accectable rendering quality and speed , it’s really a big headache,big challenge for me ! all of our projects is based on big scene , i was very confused on how to do performance tuning based on the current Stage3d or away3d4.0 features ! it do not support tessellation , it do not support scene level optimization…oh, really headache ! what’s adobe is doing there ?

Signature 
signature_image

Posted: 19 August 2011 09:06 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 5 ]

I noticed the floor texture disappears at certain points in the animation.
Do others experience this?

“VantagePoint”, listen to your inner self. Perhaps it’s telling you Unity was a better choice for you and your enormous projects?
A jumbo jet is indeed faster than a bicycle, but somewhat impractical when you need to go to the bakery for cakes.

And another thing, how did you get a Signature? They’re disabled!

Cheers

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 August 2011 09:17 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 6 ]

oh, “Edit Signature Signatures are currently disabled…“just post a bug report smile

Signature 
signature_image

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 19 August 2011 10:24 AM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 7 ]

Working fine on Google Chrome for me. I’ve never looked back since I installed it. Love the way it shuts down the flash player plugin in the page rather than crashing and doesn’t take too long about doing it. Which is great when sitting in flex / flashbuilder all day.

I probably wont make a version with the actual textures used as most of them were not to the power of gray skull, erm 2. So I just batched resized every image i could find that came with them to 32x32 and copy and pasted and renamed them to the file name that is missing after I done the below.

I also had to take out all the “Throw Error” code and replace with “Trace” in the class that gives the errors for stream error, bad image size etc etc and things loaded in with a better success rate. But even those that didn’t have any errors didn’t load any textures. And all the rest had bad size errors which I have no idea on.

Now that blender has a new and improved way to confuse people errr I mean user interface. I’m going to start to have to learn how to use the most awful user friendly 3D tool known to man. So I can get textures sussed once and for all, but maybe not for Away3D4 in alpha state.

Blender 2011 - It still can’t remember the last folder you opened, imported or saved to. Clever little thing aint it…... :\

There is a thing I would like to request, a progress event for resource manager and parsing state event dispatch, would be very handy for preloading and notification to user of parsing loaded data.

Also curious as to why scale is a function scale(val) when scaleX,scaleY & scaleZ are getters / setters / public vars (cube.scaleX = 1.5 etc) ?

D

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X