U3D

Software: Away3D 4.x

Pete_r61, Newbie
Posted: 30 May 2013 08:59 AM   Total Posts: 1

Hello,

Would like to see U3D support. I am mainly interested in away3D for educational purposes creating demos, interactive procedures and the such. For this I use drawing tool sketchup exporting to U3D and conversion tooling to export to U3D of drawings with other CAD formats.
U3D support would open possibilities to many applications in marketing as well.

Is U3D support to be expected soon? I hope I am not the only one looking forward to U3D support.

Regards,
Pete_r

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 15 June 2013 02:08 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 1 ]

Hi Pete

Since the U3D-Format seams to be quite good documented in the U3D-Specs (just had a quick look…), i think there is a good chance that this will make it into the engine at some point. I dont think it has a real priority, because there are still some allready implemented FileFormats that needs some more work (for example: some of the 3dsMax features are not support for import in away3d).
I think the next steps on the File-Formats, have to be the update of the maya/blender/3dsMax/cinema4d - plugins for awd2.1.
Once this is done, i maybe will find some time to look into coding a U3D-parser…but i cannot tell when this will be…

There is just to much stuff that would be good to have in away3d, and to little time to do it all at once.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X