AWD export cannot be loaded

Software: Prefab3D

Thomas Weiss, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 March 2013 08:57 AM   Total Posts: 35

Hello,

I’m working on a specific model and it happens that sometimes when I export it to AWD2, the resulting file cannot be open either by Away3D 4.0.9 (there is a crash in the loader) or by Prefab3D itself. I could not figure out what to do in order to produce a correct export - I mean that I happen to have a valid export by it seems to happen rather randomly.
An example of the unloadable export is attached.

Thanks for your help!
Thomas

File Attachments
GG39m.awd  (File Size: 404KB - Downloads: 450)

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 21 March 2013 09:48 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

if it fails in both, you probably use an outdated exporter. If I recall correctly, one way to test your exporter would be to export with no materials. it would then load in Prefab and not in away3d 4.0.9. If you update your exporter it should load in both.

Note that in current Prefab, awd’s with embedded material will result in successful parsing but result is an empty scene. It would load correctly in away3d 4.0.9 and alpha 4.1. Next Prefab update (2.142) will correct this issue.

Thomas Weiss, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 March 2013 10:03 AM   Total Posts: 35   [ # 2 ]

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your reply.
Actually, I forgot to mention that I was using Prefab3D to export the AWD2 file!

Posted: 21 March 2013 10:44 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

I cannot access your awd for some reason. send me offline your prefab project and this awd.  fabrice3d at gmail dot com

Posted: 21 March 2013 01:31 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

I have tested your project. All works, but you need you set collapse to true in export, because you have a mesh with multiple materials. Awd specs 2.0 doesn’t support multiple materials.

Thomas Weiss, Jr. Member
Posted: 23 March 2013 02:18 AM   Total Posts: 35   [ # 5 ]

That was it, thanks again Fabrice!

On a side note, I am very excited about the upcoming releases of Away Builder and the next version of the AWD format. Can you share any news on the progress of these? smile

Cheers
Thomas

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X