Best of the Best:Away3d 4.0/Stage3D 2011 Show Reel Submissions

Software: Away3D 4.x

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 02 August 2011 07:32 AM   Total Posts: 124

We are looking for new content from your latest program, commercial, game, website, and interactive projects created using your favorite 3D frameworks based on Stage3D API to be part of the Adobe Best of the Best Show Reel 2011.

The deadline for show reel submissions is *Friday, September 30th, 2011*.

We would love to receive work from across the globe!

We are particularly interested in HD material. Of course, submissions in other formats are always welcome.

Please send your show reel or contents to this post or email to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) smile

Thank you all for your support!

Signature 
signature_image

Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 02 August 2011 08:01 AM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 1 ]

Hey forrest,

you ever fly my F-16 demo? Rob expressed interest in using it perhaps at a conference. I have plans to do more with it, but have got so busy I haven’t had time. I heard a rumor someone may be trying to pass my demo off as their work, so I might as well submit it before I end up seeing it on Edge credited to someone else. It requires the FP 11 beta to work. The model is a heavily modified freebie I got on Turbosquid so I’d have to credit the artist as the original source. I’d pull out the stats box and replace it with an Away3D logo for general viewing.

http://blam3d.com/demos/f16fp11test.html

Alexander Seifert, Moderator
Posted: 02 August 2011 09:19 AM   Total Posts: 129   [ # 2 ]

http://www.deltastrike.org/demos.php?demo=vanguard&autoPlay=true

We’re even going to add some more eye-candy and performance improvements the next couple of weeks =)

We’re also talking to Adobe themselves and try to become content partners.
forrest, can you IM me your email / other form of contact? I’d like to get more information on that subject =)

Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Alex

Signature 
signature_image

http://www.deltastrike.org

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 02 August 2011 12:33 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

The swoosh has got a few customers excited, I don’t have any software that can capture it in HD though. Can anybody help me out?
http://videometry.blogspot.com/2011/06/broomhill-tech-demo.html

Cheers!

Snr. Member eh Choons? Nice one!
You get promoted almost as fast as at McDonalds on this forum wink

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 02 August 2011 05:19 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 4 ]

just call me the Hamburglar of 3D LOL

Posted: 13 September 2011 10:03 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 5 ]

I’ve just updated all my demos for RC1.
And would encourage others to do the same. There is surprisingly little needs doing compared to the very first release of Broomstick, which is testament to the great work the guys did on the architecture.

In addition, I’ve added a couple of new ones.

The obligatory watch demo:
Watch
(by kind permission of Few Watches)

And an example using vertex animation export from 3D Studio MAX:
Atomizer

Cheers!

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 14 September 2011 02:55 AM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 6 ]
theMightyAtom - 13 September 2011 10:03 AM

I’ve just updated all my demos for RC1.
And would encourage others to do the same. There is surprisingly little needs doing compared to the very first release of Broomstick, which is testament to the great work the guys did on the architecture.

In addition, I’ve added a couple of new ones.

The obligatory watch demo:
Watch
(by kind permission of Few Watches)

And an example using vertex animation export from 3D Studio MAX:
Atomizer

Cheers!

Yep, pretty much every time I’ve been dreading updating and having to fix loads of stuff, and every time I’ve been astounded and relieved to find that after downloading the latest flashplayer, and the latest version of away3d, it has just compiled and worked straight off.

I really like those curtains, I’d love to use them for a project I’m working on… Also, with the watch demo, are you using quaternion calculations to ensure that the the rotation works as you;d expect.. Or.. hang on.. Put the model inside a container, and rotate the model on the x movement, but rotate the container on the y movement? Hmmmm… That seems to work in my head… smile

Posted: 14 September 2011 02:58 AM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 7 ]

Oh and I’m now cracking on with tecturing DVD cases in my virtual DVD shop, so hopefully submit that soon… Might not be the most hi tech demo, but it demonstrates the use of 3d in association with a changing database…

Posted: 14 September 2011 05:18 AM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 8 ]

As for the navigation, you’d have to ask David Lenaerts, he wrote the HoverDragController class wink

Send me your mail address and I’ll send you the curtains…

Posted: 14 September 2011 11:59 AM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 9 ]

Aha it’s the hoverdrag controller… That’s okay if you have no background and no other objects in the scene.. I’ll experiment with putting the object in a container and rotating one on one axis, and the other on the other… Seems like it should work….

my email is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)..

Thanks!

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 15 September 2011 11:08 PM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 10 ]

hello all here my current demo for last player 11
with away3d 4.0 and physics
http://3dflashlo.free.fr/test/index.html

many update come before 30 sep
more building more texture and interactive objects
i hope you like

Posted: 15 September 2011 11:39 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 11 ]

Really good work! Seems like there is going to be a lot of good content ready for when FP11 is rolled out as a stable update..

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 15 September 2011 11:40 PM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 12 ]

Nice work smile

Samuel Girardin, Member
Posted: 16 September 2011 06:18 AM   Total Posts: 74   [ # 13 ]

@loth : It’s very Fast ! Super boulot !

Samuel

Matse, Sr. Member
Posted: 30 September 2011 02:34 PM   Total Posts: 149   [ # 14 ]

Here is my submission : a diablo-like game prototype smile

Created in 2 weeks with my graphic artist buddy, including time to discover / “learn” Away3D so huge props to the Away3D team here : we have a 3D development background using shockwave3d so we were not starting from nowhere though wink

Here is the link :
http://www.deepintodarkness.com/

Loading is a bit long, we could optimize more but that will have to wait a bit. It has not been tested on Mac or Linux so I can’t guarantee that it’ll work.

Also it runs nice and smooth on my medium-range PC (pentium E6600 and Radeon HD4670) but I have no idea about how it will run on lower-specs computers so sorry if it doesn’t run on yours ! We’ll add graphic settings and optimize later on.

Oh and by the way we are both freelances and looking for work so feel free to contact us :
dev - matse (at) skwatt (dot) com
graphics - drone (at) skwatt (dot) com

edit : forgot to mention controls :
- click to move / attack creatures
- shift + click to walk
- mousewheel to zoom in/out
- up and down arrows to change camera angle

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password