Help??? Need Help????  AWD2 Plugin

Software: Away3D 4.x

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 29 July 2011 09:08 AM   Total Posts: 20

Hi guys
How can I install a awd plugin for blender tool?
thank you!!

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 29 July 2011 11:13 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

There is no AWD2 plug-in for Blender yet. I am currently working on creating one, but right now it’s very basic. The only way to run the work-in-progress script that is in the AWD repository is to load it into a blender text editor window and execute it from there. It will export all objects in the scene to an AWD file. But it also requires that you build and install the libawd and PyAWD modules. Instructions for that are on the AWD wiki: http://code.google.com/p/awd/wiki/SDKBuildInstructions

At the moment the exporter supports simple meshes and skeletons. Skeletal animation is implemented but not yet functional. Materials are not
at all implemented.
Cheers
/R

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 29 July 2011 11:18 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 2 ]

thank you for reply
i have builded the libawd and PyAWD modules
but i do not know how to install the libawd and PyAWD modules for blender

thank you!

Posted: 29 July 2011 11:21 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

Just put it in the python3.2 library directory inside your Blender installation. For me that’s blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.57/python/lib/python3.2. Also, note that this is Blender 2.5. If you’re using Blender 2.4x you’re out of luck.

But please beware that this is very early code. It’s not guaranteed to work at all, nor is it guaranteed not to break your stuff (although there is no real reason why it would), so make sure you backup before you use it.

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 29 July 2011 11:26 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 4 ]

it is just put the sdks\python-pyawd\build\pyawd folder in the Blender\2.57\python\lib folder, is itn’t?

what about cpp-libawd???

Posted: 29 July 2011 11:29 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

That’s correct. You don’t need to put libawd anywhere if you have already installed it. It’s system-wide.

Try launching blender and in the Python console execute:

import pyawd
print(pyawd.version_str)

This should give you the PyAWD (and libawd) version, i.e. something like ‘PyAWD v2.0.0a (libawd v2.0.0a)’.

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 29 July 2011 11:31 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 6 ]

I don’t install the libawd ,in window xp system ,what should i install the libawd?

Posted: 29 July 2011 11:33 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 7 ]

You don’t need to install it on Windows either. On windows PyAWD is built with a static link to libawd (so libawd is effectively included in PyAWD). Bottom-line is you only need to copy the pyawd folder, and not bother with libawd after you’ve built it.

zhiqiangxu, Newbie
Posted: 29 July 2011 11:44 AM   Total Posts: 20   [ # 8 ]

thank you i have done accordding your suguestion, it is run all right,
when i select a box mesh and run the script , it is export a blendout.awd, but i don’t know is correct?

Posted: 29 July 2011 11:52 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 9 ]

Well, the only thing you can do to make sure it’s correct is to try to load it in Away3D 4. But let me stress again that this is extremely early, I’ve only put maybe 5 hours of work into the Blender exporter, and the format is also still not finished. So I can not support the Blender exporter at this point. Use it if you want (this is open-source software after all) but don’t expect things to work flawlessly just yet. smile

‹‹ Project Area?

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X