Global Illumination Effects in Away3d 4.0 ?

Software: Away3D 4.x

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 08:16 AM   Total Posts: 124

How to achieve global illumination effects in Away3d 4.0 ?

I mean , i want to light every pixel of my scene in some special case, for example , if i want to light every face of a cube , i need to initial at least 6 lights ...this is really cost too much ......right ?

Also, at some time , i don’t need specular/gloss and diffuse effects ...may i turn off these default effects on the mesh surface? what i need is keep the illumination information from 2d texture to 3d surface,that’s enough , but how to achieve this light effects?

Signature 
signature_image

Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great

David Lenaerts, Administrator
Posted: 26 July 2011 09:48 AM   Total Posts: 80   [ # 1 ]

Some very basic forms of global illumination are provided through EnvMapDiffuseMethod and EnvMapAmbientMethod, which define diffuse and ambient lighting, respectively, using environment maps. These maps are typically special blurred versions of normal environment maps, created by tools such as HDRShop. Check out EnvMapDiffuseTest in the examples repo on Github.

To toggle lighting on a Mesh, simply keep two materials ready, and assign them whenever they’re needed. But it won’t necessarily be faster, you’ll need to verify that yourself.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X