Nice Alternativa 3D Demo

Software: Away3D 4.x

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 02:33 AM   Total Posts: 124

http://alternativaplatform.com/en/demos/crash/
http://alternativaplatform.com/en/demos/arena/

Very nice texture quality, rendering quality, light effects( with global shadows),  CG FX, physics/dynamics…with big screen resolution, runs very smooth on my poor computer…How did Alternativa guys achieve such stunning effects using Stage3D…?

Signature 
signature_image

Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 26 July 2011 09:10 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

The Alternativa guys have a great engine, but more importantly they have people hired to create great content for them (after all, they are a game developer company first and foremost.) What you are seeing in these demos (after downloading the >50MB of content) is mostly something that you could do with Away3D as well. The power comes from Molehill and that’s what sets most of the limits.

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 09:22 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 2 ]

yeah, I’m trying some of their effects using away3d 4.x, the light effects from the demo is nice,i think away3d 4.0 should add more light features…the current light is to some degree,simple…not feature abundant!

Signature 
signature_image

Posted: 26 July 2011 09:25 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

What light features from these demos are you missing in Away3D? If you can specify more precisely what you need in a feature request, then it will be easier for us to implement it. As far as I can tell, the Alternativa demo uses simple point lights along with basic shaded materials, which is something that you can use in Away3D as well.

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 09:38 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 4 ]

I want to light every pixel of my mesh surface in some special case, for example , if i want to light every face of a cube , i need to initial at least 6 lights ...this is really cost too much ......right ?

Also, at some time , i don’t need specular/gloss and diffuse effects ...may i turn off these default effects of the mesh surface material? what i need is to keep the illumination information from 2d texture to 3d surface,that’s enough , but how to achieve this light effects?

Signature 
signature_image

Posted: 26 July 2011 09:43 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 5 ]

It sounds like you don’t want to use lights at all. Have you tried removing all lights (in which case all objects will be unshaded.)

You can also adjust the ambient method’s properties on your materials. This will allow you to add ambient light, i.e. light that is coming from all directions with equal strength. This will solve the scenario you mention with the cube.

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 09:48 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 6 ]

As you know , in away3d scene , no light , no visual things…it seems that i can’t remove light. what i can do is to turn off the some of the material’s special attributes or methods…

Anyway, i will have a try , many thanks for your kind reply !

Signature 
signature_image

Posted: 26 July 2011 09:51 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 7 ]

@Forrest:
What you’re saying about lights is not true. If you don’t have any lights in your Away3D scene, your objects will still be visible, but unshaded.

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 26 July 2011 10:03 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 8 ]

Oh,it’s true, sorry, i made a mistake!

Signature 
signature_image

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me