export from blender to prefab?

Software: Prefab3D

llell, Newbie
Posted: 29 September 2012 07:12 AM   Total Posts: 5

I export files from blender to 3ds, obj, then i try importing them to prefab 2.1, but it always says: “An error occured while loading or parsing your file”
even with the simple cube model…
And also can anyone help with the simplest and the most workable way/format to export model with animation from Blender to away3d?

WEich1213, Newbie
Posted: 29 September 2012 08:59 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 1 ]

I’m having the same problem. I also tried exporting it as a CALLODA file, but couldn’t get it to work.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 September 2012 06:36 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

If you try to load a collada version 1.5, Prefab will trigger this message. Simply because the parser doesn’t support this version yet and result would not be correct anyway.
Open the collada file with a text editor and look in first node if its a 1.4.x or 1.5.

If you load a 3ds, obj or whatever supported file format and get this error and no report once loaded. Prefab received a loader error and canceled further parsing. A very common case is where Prefab is not allowed to open/read the file because of your os privileges. If you are not familiar on how to set privileges, simply move your file onto the desktop and try open it from there.

If the file gets loaded and the displayed data is not the expected, such as materials, animation etc, the errors are likely to be traced into the processlog. In case of animation if no player is displayed if you select the to be animated model, it’s very likely that not all necessary data was found during parsing. All the data that can be used to build an animator is also reported into the log when successfully parsed. Such as: skeleton, states etc

If you are certain your file is correct in case of obj, please send me the files so I can test them:
for obj, please provide:
- obj + mtl + dependencies.
- the url that Prefab traces in the log to open it.
- Your OS + version

Finally, the next update will have more detailed information displayed than in current state. It will if possible, display the id of the geometry(ies) having a problem.

llell, Newbie
Posted: 30 September 2012 07:39 AM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 3 ]

Ty Fabrice! I tried to open from desktop and everything is fine, the problem should be in privileges W7.

Raj, Newbie
Posted: 02 April 2013 12:51 PM   Total Posts: 9   [ # 4 ]

Can anyone please help me understand the workflow involved in exporting an animation from Blender to Prefab and then eventually to away3D AIR ?
It seems like prefab accepts md5/md2 anim formats but blender has no such exporter. I tried custon python scripts for Blender2.63 available by other guys for exporting in md5Anim format but they show errors in Blender v2.63.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Raj

llell, Newbie
Posted: 02 April 2013 04:32 PM   Total Posts: 5   [ # 5 ]

well, i can tell u nothing for sure, but i remember i have problems with export too, and it was in the way u r exporting…
try to surf more in that topics about md5 plugin for blender, there should be detailed guide… again, i dont remember exactly but… u should first chose the model, then the armature and then push the export button… or maybe vice versa ) but the sequence counts, one way it can trigger an error, another is everything fine

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X