Import from .obj - export to AS3 (for Away3D 3.6): need concrete Primitive (Plane) instead of Mesh

Software: Away3D 3.x

Benjamin, Newbie
Posted: 17 September 2012 03:12 PM   Total Posts: 7

Hi!
My problem: I’m loading an simple obj.-file (made in Blender) into Prefab v1. The file contains a simple primitive (a Plane). When I now export the file to AS3, Prefab exports a class where the Plane is defined as Mesh, but not as an object of type Plane (though it looks geometrically the same). 
I’m now running into problems when it comes to dynamic texturing - the material is not applied to the mesh in the same way like it is to a plane - it’s “split” and rotated ...

I’m planning to load and texture lot’s of planes dynamically - so, ist there any way to get Prefab to export the Planes as Planes? Or can I build a Plane from a Mesh in some way (as workaround)?

Thx very much in advance!
Ben

(Ps: when I draw the primitive plane inside of Prefab using the Primitives-Generator, Prefab exports the Plane as Plane (AS3: new Plane() )... But drawing in Prefab is not an option for my Project).

Benjamin, Newbie
Posted: 19 September 2012 10:45 AM   Total Posts: 7   [ # 1 ]

ok - OBJ- and 3DS-format do not know Planes or other primitives. For that reason evth. is exported as Mesh and the primitive-definitions (Plane, Cube, Sphere, ...) do not remain available in AS3-code generated later by Prefab. The definitions are only avaialable, when Prefabs primitive generator is used.

The “split”-texturing problem was solved by defining the proper UV-mapping to the 3D-object in the 3D-modeling application.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X