Migrate to FP 11 beta now or wait?

Software: Away3D 4.x

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 July 2011 02:37 PM   Total Posts: 344

Hi there, good news about the beta version of flashplayer 11 being released, but it also seems that a lot of people are having trouble with previously working code now not working with the new version of the libraries.

I’m wondering whether to try to migrate across at this stage, and attempt to fix any problems that crop up, or continue to work using the broomstick version of the libraries and wait until the bugs that have cropped up are fixed.

What would you recommend?

mndexp, Newbie
Posted: 19 July 2011 02:42 PM   Total Posts: 10   [ # 1 ]

I’m thinking every new away3d update are gonna be made for the new player… so if you dont switch you will never get any new code… i dont think they will update the old version anymore… so i say SWITCH NOW hehe

Posted: 19 July 2011 02:50 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 2 ]

Okay then… wish me luck… *gulp*

Posted: 19 July 2011 03:05 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 3 ]

Oh sweet, it works just fine… And much faster..

Anyone hesitant should check the time between this and the last post - that includes downloading via GIT, uninstalling the incubator version and reinstalling the beta version, setting up the new classpath in flashdevelop and compiling.

Oh, and posting this…

Posted: 19 July 2011 03:18 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 4 ]

Hmmmm I can;t seem to find the debugger version… 64 bit…

EDIT: Seems there isn’t one, so 32 bit it is - doesn’t seem to have made any difference in performance anyway…

jtopaz, Member
Posted: 19 July 2011 04:04 PM   Total Posts: 53   [ # 5 ]

I also upgrade to fp11.. but see only 5% faster
In some case related to key action, only have 2fps. O My God ~~~

Posted: 19 July 2011 04:21 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 6 ]

I found that Debugger mode causes quita a bit of slowdown…

Guido, Member
Posted: 20 July 2011 09:53 AM   Total Posts: 70   [ # 7 ]

Worked with Away3D 3.6 so far. Can anybody give me a guide how I can switch to FP 11 beta and Broomstick Alpha with CS4?

aspector247, Newbie
Posted: 20 July 2011 03:51 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 8 ]

I’m using FlashBuilder 4 and code was working fine.
I installed flashplayer11b and added playerglobal.swc to framework/libs/player/11.0 - before this update I was using 13.0 and using the compiler argument of -swf-version=13 and I think I have tried both removing this compiler option as well as using -swf-version=11
So I’m having trouble with the update and get an error of something like flash.display.Texture not being found which means that the playerglobal.swc isnt being linked to correctly.. by this time I’ve probably messed up my default sdk library.

Is the compiler option of -swf-version=13 and putting playerglobal.swc into libs/players/13.0 necessary?

Stephen Hopkins, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 July 2011 09:49 PM   Total Posts: 110   [ # 9 ]

I don’t know if its necessary, but I use all of these

-swf-version=13
use a specific version 11.0.0
Flex SDK 4.5.1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\sdks\4.5.1.21328\frameworks\libs\player\11.0\playerglobal.swc

And it works for me in FlashBuilder 4.5. I was getting weird bugs using the flex 4.5 sdk on flash builder 4, so I downloaded the trial of FlashBuilder 4.5

Signature 

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~shopkins

‹‹ Shadow Quality

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X