Not seeing Material parameters in AS class export

Software: Prefab3D

David Mosemann, Newbie
Posted: 13 August 2012 04:04 PM   Total Posts: 18

Hi,

I’ve just recently started working with Prefab3D 2.x. It’s working great! Thanks for the hard work.

One issue that I’m encountering is not seeing where the parameters for the material are when I export an AS class. I can see where it generates the materials in what would be MyClass.as(default name) and the color, but as far as the settings for gloss, ambient, specular, etc. I’m not seeing it. I read in an earlier thread that Prefab should include all of this information automatically, but I’m not seeing it in any of the 3 as files that are exported in the package.

Is something wrong with the exporter or do i need to add those parameters to the code myself?

Thanks,
Dave

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 13 August 2012 10:08 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Glad you like it smile

Look in the buildMaterials methods. Some properties are already exported
such as repeat, bothsides or alphaBlending, some are indeed missing such as gloss, specular, specularcolor, ambient, ambientcolor…
In meanwhile you need indeed to add these by hand.

I’m now in vacation, I’ll push this probably into the next update when back.

David Mosemann, Newbie
Posted: 14 August 2012 12:29 PM   Total Posts: 18   [ # 2 ]

Thanks Fabrice,

Yeah I see the properties in the build materials method. For the model I’m working on only alpha is showing up but I wasn’t using bothsides, etc. so those of course weren’t showing.

Adding specular, ambient, etc. is easy enough. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I’ll look forward to the next update! - Really great work.

Enjoy your vacation!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 27 August 2012 07:57 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 3 ]

Update 2.124 should fix this.

David Mosemann, Newbie
Posted: 30 August 2012 05:50 PM   Total Posts: 18   [ # 4 ]

Just re-exported my model in the updated version - Material properties exported perfectly! Thanks for the update!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X