Material mouse interaction with transparency

Software: Away3D 3.x

AskTheAnimals, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2012 10:57 PM   Total Posts: 3

Greetings.

A quick and simple question. I have plane that has text as a moveclip material with rollOver and rollOut interactions, my problem is that there’s no hit area between the letters of the text, is there a way to set the entire material as one hit area instead of the individuals letters? Thanks in advance.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 01 August 2012 07:33 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 1 ]

Are you talking about mouse events on the movie clip or on the 3D object? Are you listening for MouseEvent3D or regular MouseEvent events?

AskTheAnimals, Newbie
Posted: 01 August 2012 08:57 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

I used both regular events and mouseEvent3d. What happens for instance on MouseEvent3D.MOUSE_OVER, when I roll over my plane which contains movieMaterial with text inside the movieclip and when you mouseOver between the letters in the text it keeps triggering the Over and Out states when I just want to treat the entire area as hitarea object.

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 02 August 2012 07:19 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 3 ]

I am surprised to hear that MouseEvent3D (which uses triangle picking) would be affected by whether the material is transparent. Can you confirm this is actually happening for MouseEvent3D?

If so, maybe you could hack it by setting a 0.01 alpha background for the entire material and thus the plane.

AskTheAnimals, Newbie
Posted: 02 August 2012 05:45 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 4 ]

I added 0.01 alpha and that work. Thanks for the quick reply

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X