Prefab3D update 2.117 available

Software: Prefab3D

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 26 July 2012 04:03 PM   Total Posts: 1265

Hi all,
If you run Prefab, you will be kindly asked to update to 2.117.

In this version:
- Supports and run 4.0 gold.

- Md5mesh and md5anim file support added.
In order to load an animated md5
you need to first load the md5mesh. Once its loaded, drop/load the compagnon(s) md5anim files.

- Loading process improved

- Better error handling
In case of damaged file, or if the file do not hold the data that Away3D would expect.

- Convertion from SkeletonAnimations to VertexAnimations.
Making exports to md2 from md5/collada/awd2 skeletal animation possible. Same applys to AS3.

- Improved AS3 exports.
TestProject and classes. Fix on double imports and missing ones. Improved binaries parser, exporter and exported readerclass.
As3 export of vertexAnimations is in two tastes: using externaldata as binaries or in class. Where an animated cube makes sens in a class, the ‘hellknight’ md5 (in examples repo) would not. In some cases vertex animation do run better on mobile than skeleton. The choice about perf vs ram is all yours!

- Minor improvement on awd2 exports

- Improved animation player. Allowing better visual inspection of the animations.

and many other details here and there.

Hope you’ll enjoy this new update!

On the pict: a little sneak of a plugin being dev in China by Cheng Liao for Prefab.

John Wilson, Member
Posted: 26 July 2012 05:47 PM   Total Posts: 62   [ # 1 ]

Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for the update.

There may be one small problem.  When loading an obj file with a co-located mtl file, prefab3D does not find the material - the previous version did.

I have attached the obj and mtl files (they were exported from Blender) in case the problem lies in my files - which may well be the case.

File Attachments
anchor.zip  (File Size: 19KB - Downloads: 364)

Posted: 26 July 2012 09:26 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

Actually few quick tests reveals there are more things wrong with the parser. Expect an update asap.

John Wilson, Member
Posted: 27 July 2012 06:40 AM   Total Posts: 62   [ # 3 ]

Thanks Fabrice.

Posted: 27 July 2012 01:00 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Released 2.118 update, with updated ObjParser. If I add the missing ‘tex_anchor.jpg’ file to your example, as its expected by the parser (being in mtl definition) your model loads now as expected. Also you will get the warning for missing buffer only if it was missing in obj file. It will be also restored.

Antoine, Newbie
Posted: 27 July 2012 03:18 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 5 ]

Hi Fabrice ! Thanks for your great work !

I’ve just a remark about your 2 last updates of Prefab3D (2.117 & 2.118).

I’m exporting 3D animation from Blender 3D (last version - 2.63a-release) and convert it to “AWD2” files in Prefab3D, but I can’t anymore with 2 last updates of Prefab3D (2.117 & 2.118).

The importation of “.dae” files from Blender3D to Prefab3D works great only on 2.116 version of Prefab3D.

Evidently, the new versions of Prefab3D (2.117 & 2.118) don’t support and can’t import animation from “.dae” files exported from Blender3D.

For information, I join to this reply, a example of “.dae” file animation from Blender3D and the correct export “.awd” animation file from Prefab3D 2.116.

It would be great to gain new improvements of lastest version and in the same time, be able to import .dae files from Blender3D.

Thanks a lot for your titanic work.

Antoine (Belgique)

File Attachments
articultexture.zip  (File Size: 408KB - Downloads: 380)

Posted: 27 July 2012 04:38 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 6 ]

Thanks for the heads up, will try rectifiy asap.

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:40 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 7 ]

Antoine both your awd and collada are playing in Prefab 2.119.

Note that the same animation (or mesh) in collada version 1.5 will not be considered by the parser. I’ve now added in a rush a version check to abort the parsing of this version to prevent errors. I will restore once the parser will be updated to support this new version.

Antoine, Newbie
Posted: 01 August 2012 03:10 PM   Total Posts: 6   [ # 8 ]

Thank you for your fast correction ! It’s work great now, Thanks !

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X