No meshes detected in the new Prefab version

Software: Prefab3D

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 26 July 2012 01:24 PM   Total Posts: 57

Hi,
I have just discovered a big problem using latest Prefab version: a few days before the 2.116 release I exported to AS3 a model made of various plain shapes, and the result was correct, the model uses a white material and in the mesh menu there was all the 71 shapes. Now I have opened the same model in Prefab 2.116, and I see the same model with a chequered texture, but nothing in the mesh menu, as if there were no selectable meshes. Trying to export to AS3 nothing happens.

I returned to 2.0 version and everything is ok: what’s the problem?

The model is attached here.

File Attachments
shapes.zip  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 417)

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 26 July 2012 02:15 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

As you can see in this pict, it loads just ok into the update 2.117 that I’m about to release. There is a problem with the parser used for 2.116. (it’s been reported several time in away3d threads) where you can end up with errors of buffer length zero (or null buffers). This issue happends silently because prefab sees it as an unknown error and is not able to repair or continue. Hence why the mesh panel is empty for you.

Prefab 2.117 has now a validation process once all is loaded before it addChilds anything. In your obj file case, I can see that the null buffer issue is still there, yet now, thanks to this routine Prefab catches it, repair and warn you about the missing buffers.

The reason why you would not get the expected white colorMaterial is simply because the parser expect a mtl definition with an id for a colormaterial or TextureMaterial. as there is no id in mtl, and the meshes have uv’s defined, a defaultMaterial is assigned to them.

Hang on, the update is coming very soon…

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 26 July 2012 02:34 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 2 ]

Is it a problem of the model too? This wouldn’t be the first time I have problems with poligon-plane models.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X