Cannot load the .AWD file from my database to my stage

Software: Away3D 4.x

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 24 July 2012 10:13 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 16 ]

Prefab version 2.116,
I cannot trace the away 3d version

Richard Olsson, Administrator
Posted: 24 July 2012 10:15 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 17 ]

Please just open the class called Away3D in the away3d root package and look at the constants there. They will tell you the version of Away3D that you are using. The values should be 4, 0, and 7 respectively.

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 24 July 2012 10:15 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 18 ]

Prefab version 2.116,
I cannot trace the away 3d version

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 24 July 2012 10:19 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 19 ]

Away3D Version

public static const WEBSITE_URL:String = “http://www.away3d.com”;

public static const MAJOR_VERSION:uint = 4;

public static const MINOR_VERSION:uint = 0;

public static const REVISION:uint = 8;

Posted: 24 July 2012 10:32 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 20 ]

Ok, great. Then you are indeed using the latest version. That’s all I wanted to know. I will try to find out why your AWD file doesn’t work the way it should.

Posted: 24 July 2012 10:49 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 21 ]

There are several problems with this AWD file, all of which seem to have been caused by bugs in old Prefab versions. All blocks have incorrect lengths, causing them to only be handled correctly if the parser understands them. Because the parser does not understand the “meta-data” block, it breaks when that block is encountered. That happens at the end of the file, which is the reason why RESOURCE_COMPLETE never fires. Actually, you should be getting errors thrown even.

Are you sure you exported this file using Prefab 2.116? It looks like it may have been exported several versions ago.

Please try re-exporting using the latest Prefab, and try loading it again.

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 30 July 2012 03:28 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 22 ]

Hi Richard,

Thanx for your reply.
  The map that i sent to you, i can load it in normal Loader3D. but when i save it to my db, that map doesnt appear.
  And yes, It was exported in Prefab 2.116.

Regards,
Josh

Posted: 30 July 2012 07:03 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 23 ]

First of all, you should upgrade Prefab now since there has been a new release. Try re-exporting the file from there to be sure it’s current and fresh without any known issues.

To be able diagnose the error you’re having with your database though, you’re going to have to explain exactly how the file comes from your database to Away3D.

Is it a central database (online) or is it a local SQLite database? What are you using to read the file out from the database and send it to the client? Have you tried loading it through your browser and did you then get the entire file (and not, for example, an error message)? What are the HTTP headers returned when you load the file through your browser? Is there a URL online where I could try loading the file straight from your database?

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2012 03:33 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 24 ]

Hi Richard,

I already upgrade my Prefab version to 2.119.
  This is the scenario. I create a folder in our server to store the AWD file. I upload it using the Loader3D. The storing of AWD file is not a problem. i can store it on the folder i created.
  Then to access the AWD that i store in our server, i use a url path to access it. Then the problem came, the AWD file cannot be loaded or cannot be view. But when i try to load the original AWD saving into my external drive. it appear and loaded.
  Hope you can help me to my problem.

Regards,
Josh

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:11 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 25 ]

Do you upload using Loader3D?

Can you browse to the URL where the AWD file allegedly lives? What are the HTTP headers that are returned? Maybe you can provide the URL here so that we can help test it?

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2012 08:32 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 26 ]

Hi Richard,

Yes, I used Loader3D to upload the AWD. And i can browse the AWD file.
I cant give you the URL. it was store to our server. I can only give is the AWD file.
    By the way, i try to export the AWD file that i have to AWD2. when i try to upload it. I have a error like this.
[Fault] exception, information=Error: An abstract method was called! Either an instance of an abstract class was created, or an abstract method was not overridden by the subclass.
    Note: My Prefab version i have is 2.119

Regards,
Josh

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:37 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 27 ]

Ok, so you don’t actually UPLOAD the file using Loader3D, but you load it from the server? Note that “upload” usually means you transfer something from your computer to a server.

If you get runtime errors, please paste the entire call stack. It’s impossible for anyone to figure out where the error is happening unless you do that. So please paste the entire error message, including the call stack.

And finally, please answer the question about HTTP headers if you can’t give us the URL. What HTTP headers are returned when you manually browse to the URL at which your model resides (e.g. using a browser)?

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2012 08:51 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 28 ]

Hi Richard,

I upload it using URLLoader sorry in my last post, my mistake.
This is the HTTP headers:

Started GET “/images/295/edit” for 210.16.15.128 at 2012-07-31 16:40:36 +0800
Processing by ImagesController#edit as HTML
  Parameters: {“id”=>“295”}
  Image Load (1.3ms)  SELECT `images`.* FROM `images` WHERE `images`.`id` = 295 LIMIT 1
  Rendered images/_form.html.erb (48.2ms).

Regards,
Josh

Posted: 31 July 2012 08:56 AM   Total Posts: 1192   [ # 29 ]

I’m sorry but those are not HTTP headers. That looks like some kind of bespoke log output. Please browse to your URL with your web browser, and open whatever developer tools you have (WebKit inspector, Firebug et c) and look in the network panel for the request and response headers. Copy those here.

Josh, Newbie
Posted: 31 July 2012 09:11 AM   Total Posts: 24   [ # 30 ]

Hi Richard,

Kindly refer to the HTTP Headers below:

GET /images/Map3DAWD2.awd HTTP/1.1

Host
210.16.15.126:3000

Connection
keep-alive

Cache
-Controlmax-age=0

User
-AgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTMLlike GeckoChrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11

Accept
text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate,sdch

Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.8

Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3

Cookie: _upload_session=BAh7B0kiD3Nlc3Npb25faWQGOgZFRkkiJWZmMDVmMWUwYzU3Nzk0OGZmMzBhM2QyMTM2ODQ1YzE5BjsAVEkiEF9jc3JmX3Rva2VuBjsARkkiMUU0UFVaSmR0ZlYvR0NDVW1vdTM5dzNTZUpKVWlVcFNWTnFaMldxUDZ6b2c9BjsARg==--636a9942cd94649ab45d79d3b7b14e63178b5bf3 

Regards,
Josh

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X