Prefab slows down Flash

Software: Prefab3D

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 19 July 2012 09:56 AM   Total Posts: 57

Is it normal that with Prefab 2.x running my Flash game runs about 2-3 times slower? It looks very heavy on the CPU/GPU even if it does nothing at all.
It is not a big problem, but if I switch app to do something else I have to close Prefab first.

Anyway, wonderful program!!!

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 19 July 2012 10:17 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

Yes it is possible, not that your game or prefab are doing bad things. It is simply that your machine has to work twice as hard.

Thanks to this comment, I think I could add an “automatic” pause/restore option, if Prefab app would gain/loose OS focus.

Glad you like it.

btw a detail: please try to post topics related to Prefab into the dedicated part of the forum. thx.

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 19 July 2012 10:40 AM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 2 ]

Ah, sorry! I forgot about it smile

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 29 October 2012 04:49 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 3 ]

Hi Fabrice!
Any progress about this feature? Today I had to open Prefab to re-export some models, and when I was testing the recompiled SWF I was very worried by the slow performances of the game…... then I noticed that Prefab was still open…. wink

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 29 October 2012 08:50 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Totally forgot about it smile just wrote it down… will try to add it asap.

—> done. Next update it will stop render on loose focus and restart render when it gets focus again.

GiGBiG, Member
Posted: 29 October 2012 11:20 PM   Total Posts: 57   [ # 5 ]

Great! Lightspeed!
Thank you very much Fabrice!
Is it an option or a default setting? Well, I will see as soon as it will be available for the community!

Thank you again for the hard work!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X