Prefab losing animation from COLLADA to AWD?

Software: Prefab3D

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 22 April 2012 01:44 PM   Total Posts: 13

Hi all,
I’m doing some research to use awd format w/away3d 4.
I’m loading a collada file (I’m actually loading the mario bros example file for testing purposes) that already includes a walking animation on Prefab. Then, I’m exporting to awd.
Everything seems to be ok, but if I’m not wrong the animation is not exported.. Is that possible?
What can I do to keep the original animation while exporting from Prefab to awd format?

Thanks in advance.

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 22 April 2012 07:18 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 1 ]

The Version of Prefab that you use: 1.x exports to awd,
but it’s awd version 1 too. No animation are exported.
Away3D 4.0 loads both awd v1 and v2.

Prefab3D V2 is now being tested and It will be released once there is full awd2 support in it. For now, Prefab 2 exports to awd2 but on a limited way, because awd2 is not locked yet. Richard works hard on the format atm, and we expect to work together in the next couple of weeks to make this happend.

You will be able then to load your skeleton animations or vertex animations and export them to .awd2 and/or .as. Note that 2.0 of awd might not support vertex animations (probably 2.1). Prefab also export to md2 in case of…

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 23 April 2012 05:21 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 2 ]

Fabrice, really thanks for your prompt response and also for your awesome product.
I’m going to wait for future versions then.

rich, Newbie
Posted: 30 May 2012 02:55 PM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 3 ]

Is there any more update on this?  We badly need skeletal/vertex animation support and are currently evaluating Alternativa as an option.  Away3d has some advantages; however, so any update would be greatly appreciated. 

BTW…Thanks for all of the hard work.

Posted: 30 May 2012 03:03 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

http://www.closier.nl/blog/?p=130

There is a line or 2 covering the awd2 issue…

You can already load md2 and export as as3.

Once awd2 animation export is done, as3 will follow support for skeleton exports as well. I have also a big part of skeleton to vertex animations export done.

time…

rich, Newbie
Posted: 30 May 2012 05:22 PM   Total Posts: 17   [ # 5 ]

Thanks for the speedy reply.  Do you have an eta on when the awd2 file format along with prefab will support skeletal and/or vertext animations?

blumersolutions, Newbie
Posted: 31 May 2012 02:58 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 6 ]

Wow, This is really great news!
Thanks for sharing it!

Posted: 31 May 2012 08:19 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 7 ]

@rich. the awd animation export only on itself is not the problem. There are several other aspects handled internally for the animations data that are requiring attention first. Once they’ll be done, I can export to whatever format in no time.
Keep in mind that each new update needs to adress issues in other fields as well.
Short story: I’m on it!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X