Face sorting bug when using shading material?

Software: Away3D Lite

seraphim, Newbie
Posted: 18 April 2012 10:30 PM   Total Posts: 1

Hey guys,

away3dlite is a great (if not the only) solution if you need to support legacy flashplayers and still want a decent 3d performance, but there is a bug which keept me up several nights so far :- Unfortunately my knowledge of the inner workings of 3d engines is limited to a point, which prevents me from fixing this myself. Maybe there is a brave soul among you, who can tackle this problem or point me towards the right direction.

Quick summary: I’m building a tool which take 2d vector shapes (of building floor plans) and automatically extrudes them to a 3d mesh. This is done via some awesome away3d (not Lite!) classes and my custom extrusion class which uses the earcutting algorithm to triangulate a complex 2d shape. The meshs are then exported as a class and used via away3dlite.

In the attached image you can see that the mesh is alright (faces are singlesided) and are beeing sorted/culled/projected properly, but oncy I apply the shading material (i.e. flatshader, or phongcolormaterial ...) there is some major mixup. I don’t know where the problem originates, or if it is due to the concave nature of the mesh, but this really bums me out.

Does anyone have a clue? If necessary I can provide you with the mesh data. Please do tell, if you got any idea… grin

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X