Anyone know when will molehill (final version) release? 

Software: Away3D 4.x

jtopaz, Member
Posted: 01 July 2011 04:02 PM   Total Posts: 53

Hi everyone,

I remember adobe say it will release in 2011 Q2 but it already delay.
Without exact release day, it is hard to decide what to do next :(
Hope it will release in Q3 smile

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 01 July 2011 04:17 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 1 ]

I’ve been asking Adobe the same thing for weeks, but there’s still no word.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/862198

forrest here from the forum has posted dates of Molehill sessions for the MAX 11 conference at the start of October. Not sure where the info’s from (forrest?)
Seems most likely they will launch in connection with MAX, but it’s just a guess on my part.

carsten_cs, Newbie
Posted: 03 July 2011 04:33 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 2 ]

I’m very new to Away 3D and today I’m rather concepting than programming. And my code patterns for 3D are still laying a little bit in the fog and perhaps I’m rearly writing to find clearness for myself.

I’m asking me, if it wouldn’t be usefuller, if adobe would offer themself 3D support for molehill in the displayobject, so that you can use it everywhere.

And perhaps a possibilty to map a displayobject on ever 3D mesh you like, without loosing the interactivity of all the components flash offer?

the problem is when you using for example away3D, with my knowledge of today, I would say you would loose all the benefits you have in 2D with the flash component api. .. or am I wrong ??

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 03 July 2011 10:54 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 3 ]

the 3D content sits behind the normal flash stage you are used to using so you can still do all the 2D stuff on top of the 3D. They just don’t interact directly with eachother

Concept Z, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 July 2011 03:46 AM   Total Posts: 124   [ # 4 ]

I think , for Adobe ,for Flash Player, it’s really at a critical time in its history. 3D API(Stage3D API) is the major and long time waiting feature that the whole community keep asking for…there is Unity3D , there is HTML5(WebGL)...

It’s more challenging for Adobe/Flash to achieve a competitive advantage to win this war .

Actually , Adobe/Flash Player was already late for the “3D War”, Unity3D is more feature-abundant than the current Stage3D API! Adobe was supposed to release the true 3d API early ! Adobe had wasted 2 years’ time !!!

Currently , Adobe need to work very carefully and very hard to ensure the quality of Stage 3D API to win a competitive edge between Unity3D and WebGL ! If Flash Player 11 failed in this “3D War”, it will face very hard/bad situation in the future…

So, it’s not hard to understand why adobe postponed the release date of FP11 and keep silence…but when will FP11 final release ? adobe just keep silence,keep secret ...the whole engineer team face so many uncertainties…maybe , they don’t know too ...

Signature 
signature_image

Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 04 July 2011 04:54 AM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 5 ]

quite true, forrest. One thing that worries me is I have just been using FP 11 as my main Flash player while I surf the net and it obviously has a lot problems just dealing with regular videos and flash content without throwing errors. Hopefully, that just means they haven’t added all the old classes into it yet

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X