Odd MovieMaterial issue

Software: Away3D 3.x

jbraccini, Newbie
Posted: 24 June 2011 12:28 PM   Total Posts: 2

Hello everyone, this would be my first topic opened here at the forums, but not my first time here since i am mostly around when i got issues developing on Away3d.
Not so luckily this time, i didnt found any answer to my problem so i was pushed to register and open a new topic.

Anyway, enough introduction.
The reason i am writing this, has its root on a project im developing. The application is basically a Cube made of 6 Planes (i have reasons to build the cube like this and not use the Cube primitive as you may think i should get it done). The Cube rotates on user demand to fixed angles to show on each face a different content, pretty basic though.
When the cube finish a requested rotation, it loads a new Swf and map it to a MovieMaterial and then, this is mapped to the face so the user can see it and interact with it.
The application works fine in every aspect, but here comes the odd thing (at least, i find it odd): When the cube rotates to show the bottom face (rotationX: -90, i think) the content shows up like in every other face, but as i move the mouse anywhere, theres a little (i dont know how to define it) vibration… yup, i move the mouse and every pixel it moves, is a little shaking you can see on the material.

For you to understand better what i mean with the “vibration thing”: imagine you create a sprite with a square shape in it, and you start listen to MouseEvent.MOUSE_MOVE event on the cube (yes, it happens only when the mouse moves over the cube) and every time the event triggers, you set the sprite.x -= 1, and the next time sprite.x +=1, and the next time sprite.x -= 1… and so on.

The odd thing is this is only happening on the bottom face, the other faces seems not to be affected by this.

FYI: The SWF content that is loaded, is a timeline flash ide old-school designed with some actions in keyframes. This actions are mainly dispatching events for the main application to hear and are related to a couple buttons on stage, these buttons are SimpleButton and the content of them are a background movieclip (with a rounded-corner primitive rectangle shape on it wich is filled with a gradient color) with a drop shadow filter applied with the ide and in another layer is a static TextField. The odd thing i described before, only affects the background layer. THATS RIGHT: the textfield doesnt shake.

Anyway, i tried to give you a detailed description… hope you can guide me a little bit.

Thanks and see you around!

J

AP van Grootel, Newbie
Posted: 25 August 2011 02:00 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 1 ]

I had the exact same problem. Removing the dropshadow stopped this behaviour.

jbraccini, Newbie
Posted: 26 August 2011 07:41 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 2 ]

Yup. Finally, we resolved to take out the content from 3d environment. Anyway, this looks like an issue…

Cya! smile

J

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X