Warning on FlashPlayer 11.2

Software: Away3D 4.x

Alex Bogartz, Sr. Member
Posted: 22 March 2012 01:54 AM   Total Posts: 216   [ # 31 ]

Well at least there’s a plan “b”.  For our internal games I guess we’ll wait on Away Physics and tell clients we can use JigLib.

Thanks!

PixelPerfect, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 08:01 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 32 ]

Good news!

Flash Player 11.2 released
and Alchemy 2 is free for low profit web apps and free for mobile apps

With today’s release of Flash Player 11.2, we are making premium features available free of charge for content published prior to August 1. Starting August 1, these features will be available for use with a license, and there will be no charge for the first $50K in application revenues. The use of premium features within Adobe AIR, including for mobile applications for iOS and Android, will be royalty free.

PixelPerfect, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:01 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 33 ]

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/premium-features.html

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:02 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 34 ]

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=FYonhPd8lGDTb13YuB-5rg

Great smile

grimep, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:25 AM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 35 ]

so they want 9% of revenue above $50k if you use premium features on the web. As I’ve understood it, you can use Alchemy alone and its free, Stage3D alone and its free… but use them together as in Away3D + AwayPhysics, and you are going to have to pay Adobe revenue share.

Without a proper evaluation of performance of AS3 physics solutions, eg JigLibFlash, versus Alchemy ports of physics engines, its impossible to say whether it is worth paying Adobe 9% of your earnings.

At least we know what is going on I guess.

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:27 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 36 ]

away3d physics work on player 11.2.202.228 :!)

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:31 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 37 ]

yes it sucks if that’s

PixelPerfect, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 09:40 AM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 38 ]

Licensing and pricing

The premium features are available royalty free and without restriction through July 31, 2012. Starting August 1, the premium features will require a license from Adobe. Applications that make less than $50,000 in revenues will remain free of any royalties, as will any use of the premium features in applications packaged with Adobe AIR, including mobile applications for iOS and Android.

There is no charge to use premium features in applications that generate less than $50,000 in application revenue. For each application that has net revenue up to $50,000, the fee to use premium features will be a 9% revenue share on application net revenue above $50,000. Net revenue is calculated as revenue after taxes, payment processing fees, and social network platform fees are subtracted. Revenues subject to the revenue share include application sales, in-app purchases, subscription fees, sponsorship, and advertising fees received for advertising in, or related to the application.

Adobe will introduce a program this summer through which developers will be able to license the tools necessary for their content to access the premium features after July 31. A nominal program fee may be introduced beginning August 1.

To ensure that any existing content and projects currently under development can be exempted from these new revenue sharing requirements, Adobe will provide royalty-free licenses for use of the premium features by any content publicly released prior to August 1, 2012.

so if your app earn 100k you’ll pay adobe 4.5k,
but if, after all taxes, you earn only $50 000.00 - nothing

& 100% free for air apps
& free for anything that released during next 4 month

not bad, I think

loth, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 10:19 AM   Total Posts: 236   [ # 39 ]

yes

physics work perfect with new player

Qbrain, Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 11:31 AM   Total Posts: 92   [ # 40 ]

GREAT NEWS!

Finally!!!

-Q

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 28 March 2012 12:08 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 41 ]

Its a bit vague with the license thing.
Is it a developer(us lot) or Engine(away team) or per game?

Its got to be developer/game.
Or else they wouldnt be able to collect revenue.

PixelPerfect, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 12:21 PM   Total Posts: 13   [ # 42 ]

I think it is per game

grimep, Newbie
Posted: 28 March 2012 01:24 PM   Total Posts: 4   [ # 43 ]

how do Adobe propose to audit the accounts of the game companies to determine the amount payable? I work for a global gaming giant, I really can’t see how our finance/legal people are going to go for this.

Alex Bogartz, Sr. Member
Posted: 28 March 2012 02:31 PM   Total Posts: 216   [ # 44 ]

So 10000 foot view of this?

It’s all so vague and I just woke up, so…

1.  Will we have to recompile the apps we built with Alchemy 1?
2.  Will we have to sign up as developers in a few months and recompile then?
3.  Is this good news?  I’m not so sure.  At least our content won’t break, but maybe JigLib is about to get a ton of new users?

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 28 March 2012 02:49 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 45 ]

yeah had the same this morning, eh what!

1. No, your basketball thing works with latest player.

Not a clue on the other questions. Just be guessing.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X