Does Flash Player 11 support mutliple GPU’s

Software: Away3D 4.x

davivid, Newbie
Posted: 03 November 2011 11:21 AM   Total Posts: 12

I am building an AIR application that will span multiple monitors, driven by multiple graphics cards, on a Windows 7 machine.

Does anybody have any insights as to how Flash Player 11 handles this? Will each GPU be used?

Darcey, Moderator
Posted: 03 November 2011 11:58 AM   Total Posts: 209   [ # 1 ]

If you got multiple gfx cards running open up your gpu monitor (I only know about NVidia) which can be watched via Evgas tool called Precision. Simply make something that will slam the GPU and watch the GPU monitors, see if all or just 1 of them gets used. This may also be affected by drivers for the cards…

davivid, Newbie
Posted: 03 November 2011 12:29 PM   Total Posts: 12   [ # 2 ]

Unfortunately, I’m just at the conceptual stages of development, and don’t have the hardware to test at the moment. If anybody else has and could quickly check it out that would be ace!

theMightyAtom, Sr. Member
Posted: 03 November 2011 01:18 PM   Total Posts: 669   [ # 3 ]

I’ve spanned Flash Video over muliple monitors with AMD’s crossfire. You can set it up in different ways. The dual GPU’s can run as one, and then the video scaled as one virtual desktop.

I think the answer is “no”, flash does not support multiple GPU’s, but graphic card drivers are smart enough to share resources and appear as one GPU.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X