Help with flash on mac

Software: Away3D 4.x

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2011 06:32 PM   Total Posts: 430

hi

one of the worst days this year.
my Win7 Laptop just crashed and wont start up again, and the only alternative i have is a macbook i managed to lay hands on for a few days.

i never really used mac.
i see there is no Flashdevelop build for mac.

so my question is: what application do you use for compiling as3/flex for flashplayer 11 on mac ?

sorry for asking this here (since its more a general question about as3 than about away3d) but i really would appreciate any answer that helps my figure this out as fast as possible.

thanks.

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

Somokon, Member
Posted: 11 October 2011 07:52 PM   Total Posts: 75   [ # 1 ]

If you are only going to be using the mac temporarily, you could download the trial version of Adobe Flash Builder and use it for up to 60 days.

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2011 08:03 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 2 ]

yeah! youre right.

i didnt thought about that…

but its really a surprise, that there seems to be no such good thing as flasdevelop for mac.

right now i am trying parallel deskopts as trial to load windows 7 with flashdevelop 4. i hope this will work in a few minutes…
otherwise i am do as you said and try the flexbuilder, but i had a look at it a while agone and did not really like it…

Signature 

Choons, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2011 08:12 PM   Total Posts: 281   [ # 3 ]

that sucks Pro. My laptop croaked as well sinc e I got into 3D work. It was an HP known to have overheating problems from the onboard GPU. Seems like this 3D stuff we do is hell on laptops

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 October 2011 08:55 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 4 ]

hi choons

the reason why i was doing this on my laptop is that i chrashed my desktop pc allready 2 month ago. i really need to buy a better machine soon….

if their were a flashdevelop version for mac i would start to consider switching…

but…
installing Parallels Desktop, Flashdevelop was no problem, but when trying to compile a project it throws errors.

yesterday i though i would be finished with polishing the wireframclasses till now…..i love coding but i hate setting up the enviroment…

Signature 

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X