Prefab3D update 2.116 available

Software: Prefab3D

Fabrice Closier, Administrator
Posted: 02 July 2012 03:02 PM   Total Posts: 1265

Hi all,
I’ve just uploaded an update for Prefab (2.116)

The new update runs on AIR 3.3, so you will have to update AIR runtime first.
It runs on very latest release branch of the engine.

A few highlights:
- Awd2 export with diffuse maps
- Awd2 export with skeleton animations
It is important to note that you will not be able to load these using older version of Away3D 4. Unless you do not export materials.
Previously exported awd from Prefab will be reloaded with no problem into the app.

- Viewport size to help visualize content on mobile devices or custom sized projects.

- Collada support improved for static objects and plays skeleton animation.
So you can load an animated collada and export it to awd2 for smaller file sizes. (still busy testing, if you have skinned dae’s failing, please send them over so I can test)

- Elevation generator as in V1 restored.

- DataGuy: a new behavior added, ideal to build game levels, with dragable ghosts etc.. Package 0.2/project AS3 updated as well.

- Better handling for methods

- AS3 exports fixed on double imports, faulty classes when numerical names were found in mesh.

+lots of fixes here and there.

Enjoy!

careca, Newbie
Posted: 04 July 2012 11:01 AM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 1 ]

I download the last version of Away from github, but when I export from Prefab3d to Class I can find the class EffectMethodBase.

Any help?

Posted: 04 July 2012 12:07 PM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 2 ]

It is part of the “release” branch on git. (the to become master “gold” , the official 4.0)
If you do not want to update for now, you could also find “EffectMethodBase” and replace by “ShadingMethodBase”, then it should compile with no problems I think. As we are very busy on the release branch atm, possibly causing your project to break at some point, the find and replace might be the easyest and safest for now. Once we have released 4.0, in a few days, master will be replaced by release. Prefab will be then 1/1 with master.

Prefab update was released a bit earlyer because of a some “hot” features such as awd2 with material that many requested. And a few bugs causing fatal errors or faulty outputs were fixed.

Manuel L., Member
Posted: 17 July 2012 08:00 AM   Total Posts: 99   [ # 3 ]

hey guys, i had the same problem as careca ... the post of fabrice solved it, when replacing effectmethodbase with shadingmethodbase, but then there came other problems.

the first thing was, that “Event” wasnt found, so i did an import.

the second was an undefined method “resize” in the onResize-Function, so i removed the resize eventlistener.

now it compiles but i get an context3d not available-error.

first question now: why do i get these errors?
i did prefab2 class export with project file and created a new flashbuilder project. then i tried to start but the errors above came up.

i have the latest away3d from github.

where is the problem? ^^

manu

Posted: 17 July 2012 11:36 AM   Total Posts: 1265   [ # 4 ]

Now that Away is officially 4.0, I’m remanufactoring all exports to fit this version.
Problem being that for the past 3 weeks, some Prefab outputs were no longer reflecting beta code and with past 2 weeks updates, it was also not reflecting release either.

Working as hard as I can to push an update asap… hang on wink

‹‹ MouseEvent3D

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X