Ninja vs. Zombies

Software: Away3D 4.x

Alex Bogartz, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 January 2012 11:03 PM   Total Posts: 216

Hey community!

This isn’t 100% bug free, but I wanted to get it up to show a client and I thought I’d share it here too.

(I have a version that works full screen, but it doesn’t tie in with our leaderboards so I am holding off on that)

http://www.makaimedia.com/#/ninja

You just use the arrow keys to move, space bar to attack, avoid getting smacked around by the undead hordes.

Have fun and tell me what you think!

northmantif, Newbie
Posted: 11 January 2012 11:28 PM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 1 ]

sorry to be sarcastic, but it’s hard to have fun with this game. Moving up,down key space, again, and again. That’s the game

Alex Bogartz, Sr. Member
Posted: 11 January 2012 11:33 PM   Total Posts: 216   [ # 2 ]

No problem. What would you like to see added?

Hector, Sr. Member
Posted: 12 January 2012 10:37 AM   Total Posts: 137   [ # 3 ]

Nice game, I like the style and colours and the feeling of the old 2d ninja video games. Here goes my feedback:

- About the camera I think I prefer it in a bit lower angle. The character legs are right in the center of the camera. This makes his head too close to the top and leaves a lot of unused space in the lower half of the screen.
- At the moment only the head seems to have a shadow, that gives a visual effect of the ninja legs floating sometimes.
- I would like the camera to move slower when going behind the ninja or rotate faster if the ninja runs. I know it’s easy to say, but something like a prince of persia or tomb raider camera.
- If I press the down arrow he should turn around to see him coming back, not walking backwards.
- When he is surrounded, It would be nice if he can hit the zombies around him without rotating, by pressing left or right and space for example.
- his legs are small and zombies arms too long, nice, but not fair, he should also use his hands, elbows and head when hitting.
- Some shurikens and a wakizashi or a pair of sword breakers would be nice too.
- A good ninja have to be able to jump over the walls and climb the houses, it’s one of the first things I tried smile
- I miss more human like zombies, these looks more like aliens.

As I said I know it’s easy to talk but a hard work to do it. I like the game demo. Looking forward to see more of it!

Alex Bogartz, Sr. Member
Posted: 12 January 2012 05:31 PM   Total Posts: 216   [ # 4 ]

Awesome, all great thoughts!

On the issue of the shadows, there a bug in Away that I reported but I haven’t seen any response on.  If you have cloned meshes and you add a shadow to them, they all start sharing the same animation state and you can no longer control them individually.  Weird, I know, but my solution was to just make a sphere and have it cast the shadow.

I’d like to expand the number of moves as well.  The game isn’t using Away physics, on purpose, since I don’t know what the status is of that Alchemy mess.  So I didn’t try to allow the guy to escape the main square and do things like climb walls or houses.  But I was thinking about adding things like evasive moves or combos.

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X