performance issue (again)

Software: Away3D 4.x

northmantif, Newbie
Posted: 11 January 2012 12:52 PM   Total Posts: 14

Hi!
I struggled recently to get Away3D working with FP11, thus I went… away from it for a longer time.Now I’ve got a verve once again and with new year I came to new ideas how to get it working (btw. I had working Broomstick version of FP11 but then changes has been made to Stage3D and with never versions of FP that old stuff seemed not to work anymore)
I picked Flex 4.6 SDK and installed it into Flash Builder 4.5 with no upgrade of FB to 4.6 yet. After having other significant issues (FB4.5 couldn’t find appropriate FP for standalone debugger, finally I downloaded F11 projector debugger .exe and put it into Flash Builder’s players->win->10.2 folder changing the name of downloaded debugger into FlashPlayerDebugger.exe) And it seems to work. Unfortunately… the same way as I have it working in the browsers. Unfortunately because performance of my working files is really low (please look perform1.jpg in the .zipp attachement) Beside I get DirectX9 driver running in FP11 I get only couple FPS in Max Power Saving mode and this increases when I use my ASUS app where I can choose couple modes: High performance, Auto, or Max Power Saving. That means if I set my PhenomII X4955 to High Performance the Performance increases drastically(?) to about 18-19 FPS.
I guess I sould have displayed something about 28-30FPS, but from some reason it seems that my app doesn’t run with GPU support at all. As I said before I went away from browser’s HTML wrapper (to do not mess with “direct” param) but with no any effect.
I attached my tiny test project(FB4.5) in zip file, where all I do is creating 600 cubes with color Material and then rotate them accordingly.
I guess my project is set right way, have no any issues from debugger or compiler but surely there is something hidden behind, that stops my app from running with GPU support.
Do you have any idea about that?
I’ve got one, I recently changed my GT220 with my friend to Radeon HD5450 2GB which is low profile graphic card, but I guess that isn’t the case, cause the performance of this test app is highly dependant on CPU use.

one more note: I use Away4.0 with f71921f postfix in the folder name.

File Attachments
FP11Test.zip  (File Size: 149KB - Downloads: 221)

John Brookes, Moderator
Posted: 11 January 2012 02:15 PM   Total Posts: 732   [ # 1 ]

Either your computer is complete and utter ...

or

Your testing in debug mode.

20fps in debug mode with standalone player
59 fps release mode with standalone player
with an I5 and no graphics card just using intels hd.

northmantif, Newbie
Posted: 11 January 2012 03:53 PM   Total Posts: 14   [ # 2 ]

Thank you John for this essential tip. You are right, my test app does well on normal (not-debug) version of FP11. Beside that only way I can run it is to point into director player again (calling it FlashPlayerDebugger.exe - ridiculous). But nevermind. I got it working!
Thanks again!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X