Looking for Away3D developer to help set up a project

Software: Away3D 3.x

RandyS, Newbie
Posted: 12 December 2011 06:23 PM   Total Posts: 3

Hi Everyone,

I’m excited to get started in all this 3D stuff but I’m also overwhelmed.

I’m looking for an Away3D / Flash developer to help me with an interactive kiosk project. I have some experience in Flash myself but not with a 3D framework. I’m looking to hire someone to help with the “heavy lifting” of creating a 3D interface for a kiosk. I’m hoping this person can be like an instructor or mentor as I will need to learn how to add and subtract content from the kiosk since it will require updates in the future.

Briefly this will be a touchscreen information kiosk where users find out information about the history of the buildings on the main street of their city. The 3D interface is intended to mimic the geographical locations of the buildings.

Imagine a Google Street view where you navigate up and down the street, turn to face a building, touch a building to transition to a swf which presents text with old and new pictures of the building. Like your basic gallery.

Since its a touch screen kiosk it won’t have that “free look easing” type of mouse interactivity. Rather, I imagine having pre-fixed nodes for the camera to navigate. While we would like to have a few real simple 3D models of buildings for filler (exterior only), the buildings of interest could be as simple as a street of cubes with the front facade being a jpg in of that particular building. (We are not trying to replicate these historic buildings in 3D, that would be a huge job on its own.)

In the grand scheme its probably not as interesting as a lot of the projects I’ve seen here in the Away3D forums; nonetheless, it helps pays the bills smile

Thanks,
RandyS

Mr Margaret Scratcher, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 December 2011 05:25 PM   Total Posts: 344   [ # 1 ]

I might be up for helping out with this..

Email me .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

smile

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X