c4d awd2 exporter

Software: Away3D 4.x

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 19 November 2011 04:33 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 16 ]

hi fab4ce

i am really sorry for still not uploading anything.

i had to focus 100% on no 3d stuff the last week, cause i really have to match a deadline for a client/friend. i hate to do this (mainly html/php webshop stuff) but it really need to be done…

you wont be able to use my c4d-xml solution as it is right now, because the importer functionallity is integrated very deeply in my as-application.
i cant upload my application and the importer wont work without it.
so i need to fix this first.
i will do it asap.
work in progress…..

Signature 

sorry…i hope my actionscript is better than my english…

Fab4ce, Jr. Member
Posted: 20 November 2011 10:47 AM   Total Posts: 44   [ # 17 ]

Hey 80,

No problem. Take your time. As i wrote earlier i´m just looking forward to export directly from c4d. Is your xml solution close to the awd2 format? Seems like you have put a lot of time in that. Do you use it often? i mean is it stable and field-tested?

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 20 November 2011 08:54 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 18 ]

the exporterscript in c4d is the first python i ever road.

i am still quite new to 3d, as3 and oop, too.

so dont expect to much smile

but i learned a lot the last past month and what is working quite stable at this stage is the exporting of meshes without animation, but with different materials, and correct uv-mapping and phong-shading. the object appears in away3d just like it had been in c4d, including hirarchy (so you can export nested meshes as well).
i didnt took care of too many of the materials parameters. what is working right now is color, diffuse-map, normal-map. everything else is possible, but its often not easy to match c4d-settings to away3d settings and have the same output (specular-settings, transparentz settings,....).
the scripts exports pointlights and directionallights, but no shadows.
it exports cameras, including focallength.
some primitives are working.
splines are exported (including bezier-splines) but in away3d they are all interpreted as linear splines right now. i keep thinking about implementing bezier splines into away3d, but thats not to easy and my time is short.
i did some experiments with the extrude and sweep nurbs, but i am not shure they are working right now. after i have the bezier splines, they will definitly work.

awd2 will be better than this in most cases, because its binary and therefor much faster to load. i am still working on this, because i am planning on writing some as-classes that reflect the c4d animationsystem (morph-tag, keyframe-animation), so i will be able to fully prepare my animated models and scenes in c4d and only have to export and import them.
once this works stable, i will either write a binary exporter for as3, or i will make the python exporter output the data as binary instead of xml.

Signature 

Fab4ce, Jr. Member
Posted: 21 November 2011 12:42 PM   Total Posts: 44   [ # 19 ]

The “first python you ever road”? smile So how was it riding a python?

No seriously man, this sounds so great. All i´m looking for is a mesh export (with submeshes) and uv-mapping. Normal-map support is a great plus.

Please rip up your code and bundle it to a c4d away4 solution. That would help me a lot.

Victor, Newbie
Posted: 25 November 2011 03:55 PM   Total Posts: 3   [ # 20 ]

Hello 80prozent,

All this sounds promising, and also impressive as a first python script!
My co workers use C4D as well, and actually I export models in .3ds, after some adjustments (or it crashes on the Max3DSParser).

So I’m looking forward for an AWD2 exporter, and would be glade to test the one you’re working on if it can help (-and maybe try to contribute for the development but I’m not sure I would be able to, regarding to my 3D and python level-) if you plan to publish it opensource.
Let me know!

Thanks,

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 25 November 2011 11:31 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 21 ]

hi

@fab4ce: jeah riding a python he first time is kind of tricky. sometimes it feels like it does not want me to ride it at all. smile

@victor: of course this will be open source. contribution would be great, but i believe my code is not that easy to contribute to. (since i am quite new to programming its not that well organized, and therefore not to easy to understand.)

i am nearly finished with a html/php project thats eaten up all my time right now.
so i think its save to promiss to show something in the next days.

be aware that this isnt optimized for filesize at all (not binary/all xml), so its more usefull for desktop apps than for web.

Signature 

patrick.wood, Newbie
Posted: 12 February 2013 11:43 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 22 ]

@80prozent & The forum in general…

Has there been any movement on this or any other C4D bridge to Away3D?

As a Mac guy who uses C4D, this would be really killer. I know most games are built using other 3D packages, but this would include a lot of artists/programmers who are interested in real-time 3D for other uses other than just gaming.

80prozent, Sr. Member
Posted: 17 February 2013 05:10 PM   Total Posts: 430   [ # 23 ]

i finally made a shareable version of my plugin….

i had to stop the development of this project several times, due to to much other stuff going on…sorry for the very long dely

C4D-AWD-Bridge

Signature 

patrick.wood, Newbie
Posted: 17 February 2013 07:19 PM   Total Posts: 2   [ # 24 ]

Awesome. Big thanks @80prozent and nice work!

X

Away3D Forum

Member Login

Username

Password

Remember_me

X